Saturday 31 December 2011

Blog fun...

It is the end of the year and this time is always filled with, " Wow! Hasn't it flown by?" " Eee I remember last New Year like it was yesterday!" "This year? I thought that happened last year?"

Basically, we begin to think that everything has flown by and the year was shorter than the last. In reality it wasn't, it was pretty much exactly the same (apart from the poor Samoans who lost a day to join a different time zone). As we reach the end of a year we look back and in some cases rose tinted glasses appear. Things which maybe hurt you or were found difficult are seen as 'character building' or fate or just something which you didn't deal with the best. I think that is part of the reason why it feels like the year 'flies by'. When you think carefully over those times which may have been troubling you remember just how strong you had to be and how much you felt like every day was a battle.

I think it's important to not forget that. I mean, surely those are the things which we learn from and if when we reflect we see them as 'not so bad' can you really learn from it? For me I have just been reading back through some of blog posts from the year and have relived some highs and lows. I love how it's all here at my fingertips to revisit. My thoughts and feelings are so important and being able to look at how I felt in certain phases is great for me to reflect.

My blog is definitely one thing which I am proud of an glad I started this year.As of late I have let it slip slightly but unfortunately there were a few tough moments and time consuming moments in my life. However,  I love it and have met some amazing people through it. I have also made some amazing friendships too. Tomorrow will be my 200th post and I am looking forward to reflecting on this year and I already feel positive about things which I've gained.

As today is the last of 2011 I have decided to make a collation of some of my favourite blog posts of the year. All images and headings are linked to the post!



At this point I was starting to reflect more positively on a past relationship but also thinking how much of a risk we take with everything in our lives. 




I visited my favourite city with a best friend of mine and it was one of my favourite trips away ever.





This was my first handwritten blog post and well it's oh so pretty :-)




After watching the Royal Wedding I was closer to jumping back on the love train. I think that sometimes we all try so hard to be what we think is needed when at the end of the day we really just need to try to be ourselves.
 



It says it all...I hit the magical 100th post!!!





This post was all about reflections regarding where I thought I would be at my age and where I actually was. Something which we definitely all relate to.





This was the first thought I had about my rather amazing solo holiday in the summer. It's not something I'd ever thought of doing but definitely one of the highlights of 2011!




After my travels I was ready to share thoughts and photos!





Basically this arose from a conversation with a friend where we decided we had to have a 'windy moment' every week to keep ourselves independent and happy.




One of my good blogging friends - Miss Texa - and I did a bit of a sweetie swap.




This quote basically tries to give some explanation of why we feel let down by the behaviour of others.





Basically this post sums up all that I love about Winter.




Hope you all enjoyed my collection and see you all in 2012!! Have a fabulous New Year celebration!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...