Saturday 24 September 2011

Be your own windkeeper...

Before you read this post I suggest you watch the clip below to gain some background insight:

Unfortunately embedding is disabled so click the link: Windkeeper

If you are unable to watch the link it is a clip from an episode of Friends (one of my most favourite shows EVER!) in which the girls read and discuss a book called 'Be your own Windkeeper'. It advises women to be strong and stand up for themselves.

Myself and a friend have amused ourselves with the idea of doing this the past month and we now refer to things as 'Windy activties' and 'Windy days'- I know, sounds ridiculous but it amuses us. We feel that we should incorporate 'windy activities' into our daily life to spend time on ourselves. We need to make sure that in this busy time we look after our self as well as those around us.

With this in mind I decided to treat myself to a 'windy day' today. I went to the local shopping centre (which is HUGE and has amazing shops- lucky me!) and had a day mooching around. I sat with my book and had lunch then treated myself to some shopping. What else was I going to do there?!

My Treats


If you've never tried Clarins I can suggest it whole-heartedly, my skin had never been more amazing before. The products aren't too badly priced and last an age, it feels like a little treat each time I use them.


What would you treat yourself to right now?




4 comments:

Summer-Claire said...

This is a great idea, I definitely need to find time for a windy activity every now and then!

My treat right now would be a long, hot bath and then watching a film with a big bag of hot, sweet popcorn. I may plan such a treat for next weekend post-pay day... thank you for the idea :)

Lozzz123 said...

Hahah I love that episode of friends. One of my favourite shows too!

I would treat myself to some ridiculously high shoes that I would never wear, but are just pretty to look at :D

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Summer- Glad I've given you an idea!! I have tried really hard to have at least one windy activity a week lol!! I am lpanning on going to the coast and having a wander and coffee next weekend by myself. It's nice to appreciate time alone. Hope all is well at school!
@Lozzz- It is fab!! Shoes that are pretty to look at are great :-)

Anonymous said...

Love that episode too :D

Thats a great list :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...