Tuesday 23 August 2011

I have returned...

I have returned from my adventures and still feel a little jet lagged and tired. Hope you all enjoyed the posts while I was away, I will read and look at all your comments soon!!

Now for my trip, what can I say about it? The words life changing come to mind. Before I went away I thought I was happy and fine and content but after this trip I realise that in fact I was rather lost. There were a number of things in my life which just weren't working and until I removed myself from it all I had not been able to see things clearly.

On my 2nd day of the trip I found myself sitting next to Miss Aussie. We chatted and got along well...fast forward near 3 weeks later and we are best friends. In previous posts I have spoken about people coming into your life for a reason and she is one of those people. From that 2nd day we both realised that we needed each other in our lives to help figure things out. We were both at a bit of a stuck point in our life and were able to coax out the way to move on for each other. I can not verbalise well enough how amazing she was for me. I have began to look at things in different ways and identify the changes to make. Obviously she lives in Australia and I in England but it's ok, that wont stop us from staying friends (also gives us great reasons to visit UK and Australia). 

The trip itself also opened my eyes to so many different places, people and events in history. I was standing in Gettyysburg battle field just in awe at the fact that I was so lucky to be there and learn about the important history which took place there. This is just one of the things which I felt grateful for being able to see. I overcame fears when I took a helicopter ride over Niagra Falls. I had intellectual conversations with local French Candians in Montreal and realised how nice it is when men treat you with repsect. I went to my first ball game (Go Red Sox!) in Boston. I partied in DC and visited Arlington Cemetary. I could go on. All these experiences and more have made me feel like I need to see more and do more in my life. I always wanted to but felt somewhat anxious but now I realise that it's fine. 

Finally, not only did I meet a soulmate I also made a lot of other great friends. I talked to people from different countries and learnt about new things. I also figured out that my accent is damn hard to understand and vodka coke is not a common drink in the states. In Canada I had two bar staff exclaim that they'd never made that drink before!! So I like to think I taught people some new things too haha!

There is more in my mind still swirling after this trip but I just can't find all the words yet. I'm trying to process all the things which I have discovered and found out about myself. I am just extrmeley proud of myself that I took such a big step to do this. 

Now I know you've been reading this thinking, "Just share some pictures," so here are a very, very small amount of photos for you all.













Consider this post as Part 1. I have so many photos and will share the Canada and Boston leg of the trip soon!!! As TexaGermaNadian can attest, I have many many photos and some of which are not blog worthy haha!!!




9 comments:

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

wow that sounds like an amazing trip, i am hoping when i head over to europe in 2 weeks i will have the same experience!

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a special trip. Vacations that inspire you to be a different person are the best. I seek them & need them, but the beautiful part is that you recognized it. Not everyone does. Glad you left DC before the earthquake.

CaffeinatedOCMommy said...

Welcome back Missy Darling, now go and make a much needed spa appointment! Stopping by from the Wednesday Hop... Cups Up! xoxo

Ross said...

Welcome back! It sounds like you discovered a lot of things while you were away!

Olivia Grace said...

What an amazing trip!! You know it's a good one when you come home with an open heart!

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Love, love, love this!! So glad you had an amazing time. Trips like that can be life changing and last a lifetime. Can't wait to hear even more about your adventures! And loving the photos I've already seen ;)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Lisa-I really hope so too. It is sucha great thing to experience!
@Lydia- I know, I seem to have just missed the earthquake AND hurriane! It definitly takes a lot to see things you normally wouldn't and meeting anothe like minded friend definitly helped me with that.
@OC Mommy- I have my spa appointment booked for Saturday! haha! Definitly needed!
@Ross- Thank you! I discovered so much more about me than I ever thought I would!
@Olvia- An open heart indeed :-) I didn't think that would happen.
@ Lindsey- I feel great, it's been difficult being home as my friends here seem to be struggling to understand how it can change you and how you can start feeling more inspired. Glad you like the photos!

Travel With Lulu said...

Sounds like a really successful trip on many levels! Loving your photos - I'm really wanting to go to the Amish country one day. You inspire me!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@HH- Thank you- I am really pleased I could inspire you!!! It makes my trip even more amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...