Monday 2 January 2012

Blog birthday and 2011 reflections...

Welcome to 2012 everyone!!! Hope you all had a wonderful celebration and you're bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to take on 2012!!! After my favourite posts of 2011 it is now time to reflect the year on a personal level.

Before I begin to reflect my 2011, I must celebrate 2 important blog milestones:


My blog birthday!!! 

Yes...As of today my blog is one. This time last year I stumbled upon a blog recapping their 2010 and I decided to do the same and thought why not blog it? I wasn't in the best of places back then, I remember sitting wondering why I let things which I can't control, affect how I felt. By writing, I have been able to focus my thoughts and get through many different moments when I just didn't know what to do. Also, through some amazing friendships I have learnt that no matter where in the world you are, there are people out there like yourself and are willing to help perfect strangers.

A collation of my blog to date!*

Also, as if I planned it, I have hit my 200th post!!! Yes..another excitement. As much as I enjoy blogging I was never sure that it would be something which I would continue. I'm the type of person who lacks a lot of concentration and get bored with things very easily. I thought my blog would be one of them. However, after 199 posts, many wonderful comments, feeling like I've helped people and the gaining of friendships I am still here. Just with anything in life, it's what you make of it. I feel like I've made quite a lot of it. Maybe I've somewhat tailed off the last couple of months but unfortunately illness, work and a couple personal things have got in the way but I have missed the blog and will be back!!


My 2011 Inventory

In 2011, I gained independence and great friendships.
I lost a feeling of worthlessness.
I stopped feeling the need to please everyone.
I started asking for help more.
I was hugely satisfied by my change of attitude towards myself.
And frustrated by my indecisiveness.
I am so embarrassed that it has taken me till age 26 to realise that I need to make decisions based on my own wants and not be influenced by those around me so much.
Once again, I worked my ass off to give my class the best education I can possibly give them.
Once again, I revisited my past.
The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is my hair cut. I went for the chop!!!
The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is that I am stronger and work hard not to place blame upon myself for things I can not control. I'm not fully there but I'm definitely working on it.
I loved my family, friends and making amazing new friends!
Why did I spend even two minutes thinking I was making the wrong decision to travel solo?
I should have spent more time in silence and reflecting (kept from last year as I really didn't do it) and also sleeping.
I regret not being more straight to the point in some situations.
I will never regret revisiting the past.
I worry what others think of me way too much.
I didn’t sleep enough!
Work nearly drove me crazy.
The most relaxing place I went was on a bus travelling US and Canada. The most amazing place to think about life and love.
Why did I not look after my body better? Sleep, diet and relaxation!
The best thing I did for someone else was help bring them out of their down moments and make them smile even when they thought it was impossible.
The best thing I did for myself was challenge myself and in the process discover myself more.
The best thing someone did for me was to be a best friend when they'd only known me for 2 days. This has resulted in an amazing and honest friendship.
The one thing I’d like to do again, but do it better, even more open with new people. I don't like new people and I find the whole situation stressful. However, I managed to find a great friendship in doing so this year and hopefully next year I can become even more comfortable. I need to learn to trust more easily.
(Fill-in-the-blank template from Mary Schmich at The Chicago Tribune)


* Made using wordle.
 
What was your biggest achievement in 2011?

6 comments:

El Grande said...

Congratulations on your blog birthday!

Wish you the best for this upcoming year!!!

kit said...

Happy New Year, and happy blog birthday! Love the Wordle of your first year of posts. Hope you have an awesome start to 2012 :)

C a m i l l e said...

Cute blog!! :) Hello from Blogaholic Network!! Jumping around the member blogs, and following some of the cuter ones. Stop by my little blog anytime.

~camille
GGA
http://www.gardengnomearts.com/

Hockey Wife said...

Shit, I missed your blog birthday! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Er, your blog!

I wish I would have celebrated my blog's birthday! And I wish I would have done a cool 2011 recap too! Kym did a neat one at Travel Babbles!

Christy Ashley said...

Congratulations on your blog birthday! Looks like you had a pretty great year! Stopping by from Mingle Monday and wishing you all the best for 2012!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Thank you!!! I know..I can't quite believe I made a year! Let's hope for more adventures this year to share :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...