Friday 30 December 2011

Crying...

Everyone says that sometimes a good cry is all you need to feel better. It doesn't matter what sad situation it is, crying is always billed as the thing which helps. I have to say I completely agree. I cry for however long and then instantly feel like a weight has been lifted. 

I found a quote today though which is so very true:

Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do. - CS Lewis

We cry our little eyes out, stop, feel instantly lighter and then BAM...we still have a choice to make. Therefore I know the crying makes us feel better but does it make us make a more informed choice? Should we make choices when we feel the pain of whatever makes us upset? Or is it better made with a clear head? 

I'm not too sure to be honest. I guess I've done both and when I think about the choices I make, there is a slight effect from the pre and post crying decisions. If I make the decision while still upset I tend to make choices based on my emotions and lack some rational sense. However, after crying I make choices a lot more logically. I can look at my choice from a number of sides and make a more informed choice.

Which is better? I think that if I could bottle up my full emotions from pre crying and pair it with my logicality I would because I know that it would lead to more informed choices. As this is something which can't be done I will have to settle on what I do now. I make decisions based from my heart and while they may not always be right, at that moment in time it was what I wanted. What can be wrong about that?

Do you find you make better decisions before or after a good cry?




2 comments:

Summer-Claire said...

I don't find crying helps me either, as you said, it makes you more irrational.

I always make decisions by the toss of a coin or by eeny-meeny-miny-mo. It always works, because then, once the decision is made, you're either happy about the outcome or you're not. Then you know what you really want to do.

Obviously I don't know if that's relevant to your decision or not. But I'm sure, whatever you decide, it will be the right choice. Chin up.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

I find it helps me feel lighter just not really helpful in making a decision. Funnily enough I just read a quote relating to making a decision via coin:
"When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.
It works not because it settles the question for you but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air,
you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

I like this quote and think it is beyond true :-)

Thanks for your input, I wouldnt say I have a decision as such just a few things I'm working through!! Also, chin up...love the fellow Britishness :-) hahah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...