Wednesday 1 January 2014

My 2013 inventory - regret, changes and love.

What can I say about 2013 other than it pretty much sucked. I have had a struggle both mentally and physically and this is one struggle I am still working on. I thought 2013 was going to be a better year after the awfulness of 2012, but it wasn't to be. This year my inventory was actually easy to fill in. I have regret for not accepting help sooner and that is something I will always look back at and think - Why did I wait so long?



My 2013 Inventory

In 2014, I gained a greater understanding of my body and mind.
I lost happiness and joy of life.
I stopped caring about myself.
I started therapy.
I was hugely satisfied by making it through a difficult academic year.
And frustrated by struggling with depression and illness.
I am so embarrassed that I had to began treatment for depression and anxiety.
Once again, I had feelings for someone who does not treat me how I deserve.
Once again, I put others before myself.
The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is my hair is longer.
The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is that I have been diagnosed with depression and I know I'm not just broken and unhappy.
I loved having a couple of fantastic friends who have cared for me.
Why did I spend even two minutesthinking he could be different.
I should have spent more time looking after my body and mind.
I regret not accepting help sooner.
I will never regret giving therapy a second chance.
I am hard on myself way too much.
I didn’t see my issues before it was too late.
I nearly drove me crazy.
The most relaxing place I went was my living room.
Why did I not see there were health issues from the start of the year, rather than thinking it was just exhaustion.
The best thing I did for someone else was be there for them.
The best thing I did for myself was accept help for my depression.
The best thing someone did for me was support me and persist in looking after me (Doctor).
The one thing I’d like to do again, but do it better, be honest.
(Fill-in-the-blank template from Mary Schmich at The Chicago Tribune)


I hope you all had a beautiful New Year and I hope to be back in the New Year having found my blogging mojo again!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...