Friday 3 January 2014

Project Life : 2014

So I have seen 2013 out - and I can only say I pretty pleased to see it go. It kicked my ass, big time! A favourite blogger of mine - Celia at Living My High Heeled Life - commented to see 2013 as a 'clearing year' and 'rebuilding'. I love this idea. Throughout the year I had ups and downs and it seems like every time I thought I had hit my up moment I would crash back to the reality of depression. But, as Celia points out, see it as clearing. I made changes and hopefully they will see me right come 2014.

That being said, I stumbled across Project Life by Becky Higgins just before the end of the year. I was instantly attracted to the layouts, colours, documenting and personal creative touch which could be applied. If you want a more in depth explanation, checkout - What is Project Life?

To start with you have the basics:

[Source]


I bought mine from Hobbycraft in the UK. The States have a wider range but I have enough to start with. I went for a Pink binder - I couldn't resist allowing my inner girl show!I couldn't wait to start putting my intro pages together.

I decided I would try this focus on what I do in life and by documenting it I hope to find my positivity once again. After losing my brother to cancer at the end of 2012, I thought 2013 would be better - nope. I wasn't that lucky and lost sight on my hopes, dreams and the positive things around me. I've had some very dark moments and most people wouldn't even know that I have suffered thanks to my face I can put on (that's the teacher in me). Through Project Life, I hope to have something which firstly, I enjoy and can make time for weekly as 'me time'. After that I hope it gives me a drive for life again. I want to enjoy it and not feel so fragile.

The page separators are all set up and it is just a case of inserting cards which can be glues to, written on, photos added too etc. Basically, you get the cores kit and then what you do is up to you. Obviously I like the prettiness and organisation of it all. I like order.

I started the beginning of my Project Life with a 'Me' page and then a 'Goodbye 2013' page. I am still unsure whether I will go with a weekly spread or monthly. I would like to work on it each week but not feel like I have to - after all, with depression, just motivating myself for little tasks is difficult and can lead me to feel like a failure. And I want to enjoy this experience.

I will share my Project Life as I go along and hopefully as it progresses, I too will start to find my happiness once again.



My starter kit - Core Kit and binder in 'Blush'.

My 'me' page before and after my customisation!




I have already noticed what a large community of 'Project Lifers' there are out there and I can't wait to get looking through blogs and instagrams to follow others. Let me know in my comments if you Project Life so I can stop by and be inspired!



Find Me
twitter/bloglovin/pinterest/instagram 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...