Friday 16 August 2013

My Bridget Jones moment...

I am watching Bridget Jones's Diary and it has been so long since I have watched this film. It definitely got me thinking, the last time I watched this I was a lot younger - cut to now being 28 and inching closer to 30.

Am I where I thought I would be? No.

All by myself... [Source]   



Like 'Bridget' I am beginning to look more closely at my life and what I want.

I am happy with my body, I like the way it looks (more often than not) and I am seeing some great changes with my workout routine at the moment. So in that aspect I am happy. I have also made a giant purchase this year - an apartment - and I love it. I love having my own space and something which is all mine. To get onto the housing market these days is difficult and as a single person it is near impossible! But I did it and for that I am proud of myself.

My career is a part of my life which I feel I need to make some changes to. I have talked before about my inability to say no but when school goes back in September I must learn how to. I take on far too much and this has had a negative impact on my health. I must remember that I work to live not live to work.

As far my love life, it has been pushed to the back of everything while I was dealing with my brother's illness and passing. During my health issues I was certainly in no fit state to date, being on the constant verge of tears 24/7 and looking ghostly ill would not have been a good first date. I am sure you can agree with that one. Now I am having to get myself back in the game but at 28 it is harder than you think. It's getting difficult to meet guys in bars now so where else? I think this means I actually have to start doing new things and getting out there in different ways. 



I wouldn't mind hearing this... [Source]


Like Bridget, I want to make changes in my life. Hopefully I won't end up in the romantic predicament of Bridget with a cheating cad! Maybe this is the start of my new year?




Have you had a Bridget Jones moment in your life?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...