Friday 25 March 2011

MRI Scan- oh no....

I got date etc for my MRI scan today to try and figure out the problem with my knee. It's now been nearly 4 months and it's getting frustrating now. I wasn't too bothered about the whole scan thing...until today. I read the leaflet explaining it and it did not match up to the idea in my head. I assumed a little scanner would be on my leg and be in the place 5 minutes. Nope.

Here are some highlights from the information:

"You may like to bring something to read = You're appointment WILL be late."


From this paragraph I have concluded that:
- My scan will NOT be on time. 
- I should maybe take a dressing gown. 
- I should also bring a CD. 

I might as well take an overnight bag what with my light reading, gown, cd etc.

Other parts which stood out (and not in an amusing way- except the metal question) were:

"Please do not wear make-up."
I am going to say I'm ok to defy that as they are not scanning my face!?I'm going straight from school in the afternoon so will obviously not be make-up less. Hmm maybe cleansing wipes will have to go in MRI scan bag too just in case.


"You will be asked if you have any metal objects on you or in you."
Don't you love this routine question? I've been asked it on a regular occurrence the past month with all my appointments.


"You will hear various loud tapping noises while the scanner is collecting information- do not worry, this is the machine operating normally."
Arghhh!! I don't like that. CD it is then!


"A scan will take 30 minutes."
Factor into the wait I will inevitably have when I get there this is gonna take ages. I am so impatient and fussy. I'm really gonna struggle to lie for 30 mins with clanking noises and not want to get up.


As you can tell I am highly looking forward dreading this little jaunt!! I don't like things I don't know about. I am sure to update you all on my progress!



15 comments:

El Grande said...

I had my first MRI scan after a football injury three years ago. They gave me ear plugs for the noise and I fell asleep. It wasn't that bad at all.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

That doesn't sound too bad then. Lets hope the time flies and if I get a little nap then it's all good haha! Thanks!

Travel With Lulu said...

Good luck - I had one a year ago and it went okay. Hope you receive good news

El Grande said...

It can be intimidating if you are claustrophobic, because you are basically inside a giant white metal tube, but other than that you won't even feel anything. Just pretend that you are on a rocket to the moon, that's what I did.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

I'm not claustrophobic...I don't think anyway. I've never had to lie inside a metal tube to test that theory. I've never thought about going to the moon...hmmm... maybe it's time I did?If it passes half an hour in a metal tube then I may as well.

El Grande said...

Well, you can pick your own adventure, silly. It doesn't have to be rocket to the moon. You can pretend to be Snow White sleeping in that glass box waiting for your prince.


http://puppsfreestuff.com/files/SnowWhiteDead18fLG.gif

Take All Chances - Missy said...

No, I like the idea of going to the moon. I'd have chosen the Sun as it's warm but that would be silly as itwould frazzle me! I don't believe in the whole Prince thing, it's a nice idea but the moon is much more fun!

I love that image by the way!! All the snow falling is so pretty.

El Grande said...

The sun? I bet you would get a great tan. Also, I am pretty sure the whole prince thing is physically impossible... kisses don't bring people back to life, or do they?

BTW, It's not snow, it's flower pedals from the tree next to her. Even I know that, and she's like my least favorite princess.

Sheesh.

Stephenie said...

I had one of these not too long ago on my head. The noise was the most horribly loud noise I have ever heard, even with the ear plugs, ear muffs and towels they wrapped around my head! Also the make-up thing, I dont think it is a big deal. I wore make-up and they never said a thing. Good luck, I hope everything turns out well.
Found your blog through FTLOB.
Stephenie
http://bechens.blogspot.com/

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@El Grande- Yep, the sun would be nice and cosy. I think I would be inclined to agree with the PRince kiss thing being impossible and quite frankly it's not something I'd be willing to test out. I highly doubt it would end well. On the subject of Snow White, it has been ages since I've seen that film hence the snow/petal confusion. You on the other hand? Least favourite princess... ok...if you say so.

@Steph- Argh more talk of this awful noise! I hope this half an hour passes by fast! Thanks for the good luck!

El Grande said...

Snow White is a lame princess. I like Jasmine from Aladdin.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

:-0 She's a lovely Princess, a bit dull but not lame. Jamine is cool, she as a tiger as a pet! Princess Aurora is still the best though.

El Grande said...

Aurora??? Lame, she spends half the movie sleeping. How does that qualify her to be the best?

Take All Chances - Missy said...

But that doesn't mean she's not great. Really if they'd just said to her, " Look Aurora, don't touch spinning needles because an evil person has cursed them," I'm sure she wouldn't have done it and therefore not feel asleep. I like her dress too haha! After a couple of weeks on fairytals my kids know this and started explaining to my phase leader after she'd observed a lesson about me wanting a pink dress and three fairies to make it for me like Aurora has in the film. It's times like that I question why I talk so much to the kids haha!

Anonymous said...

What happened to your knees? Delays can happen and you can’t blame the hospital either, emergencies are not within their control. So, what’s the result of your MRI scan? How are your knees now?

-Julio Loose

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...