Wednesday 2 February 2011

You were more important than you realise..

I was reading another blog today and the title of my blog is the sentence which caught my eye. The idea that someone doesn't realise how they have affected your life is such a strange concept. How can only one person feel something? Now I'm not exclusively relating this to romantic relationships but in general that is what this usually applies to. If you think back across your life, I bet a face will come to you in the way that others don't.

Out of all the millions of people in the world, I believe that there are some which we are destined to meet, whether it be online, in person and through a letter gone astray. Almost fate like. These people may be in your life for an hour, a week, a year or forever. What is important about these people which others don't have is the complete lack of understanding how they have affected you.

These people are of so much importance to you, they affect the decisions you make, they way you behave, the way you dress etc and they have no clue. How? I can never comprehend how someone can have such a life altering effect on someones life and not know. What would happen if they did? Would this person all of a sudden become less important? Is it the fact that they don't know keeping them on a pedestal?

If you had the chance to be honest and tell them every little thing which made them important...would you?

Or would you simply utter:

"I hope you remember me. Because you were more important than you realise."


I know what I would do...

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I came across your blog when traveling around the world on this Wednesday with Travel Babbles All Around the World Wednesday, and I love your writing! I am going to be your newest follower, too :) You seem to be as emotional at times as I am - I can relate to a lot of your posts :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Glad you like the blog. It's nice to know that other people feel the same haha!! Yep... emotional is one word to describe me!

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my post! My goals are going pretty good, but hey, it wouldn't be a goal if there wasn't a slip or two, right?! I really like this post above, I totally agree. Even those random chance meetings seem to have some 'cosmic' significance :) And I don't think you can say enough ""I hope you remember me. Because you were more important than you realise.""

Take All Chances - Missy said...

True. I suppose if they're too easy to meet there would be no feeling of 'woo' when you meet them haha! I agree with the not saying it enough, I think unfortunately a lot of the time it's not until a person is out of your life that you realise how important they actually are so it becomes harder to say. It's something I think I'm going to be a bit more aware of this year :-)

Hockey Wife said...

I'd say both ... I often say my own versions of both. I want the people who touch my life to know that they touch my life.

let's jet! said...

Thanks....I am going to let those folks know how important they are...TODAY! You have inspired me!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

I am so pleased to have inspired you :-) I'm sure you'll make people very happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...