Thursday 3 February 2011

That Thursday feeling...

I know you're all sitting thinking... ah that popular saying, 'That Thursday feeling...'. I joke, you're probably wondering what on earth I'm on about. This however, seems to be something which is happening every week. Since going back to work after Christmas, my weeks just seem to go so slow!! Whenever it hits Thursday, it feels like Friday. Why? Why? Why? 

I started getting a bad tension headache about 11 today and it just continued ALL day! All I wanted to do was leave school and head out for a massage!! Unfortunately I think leaving my kids alone in the classroom all day is kinda frowned upon?! So I just put up with it and spent my lunch break rubbing my shoulders and trying to feel better. When the kids left, I sat and marked 120 books!!!!! It was tick, tick, stamp, tick and comment. I felt like I had developed RSI after them all. I then decided I was going to go home... As I was walking out I got hit by the Thursday feeling again!! I had this overwhelming feeling of tiredness and thought it was Friday. Not a happy bunny at all when a split second later I realised "Aw man it's Thursday!"

So with that I trundled home, gorged on chocolate and was very British with my cup of tea. How do I feel now? Tired, worn out, headachey and tight in my neck. I just want to be stretched out completely! It's not helping that I have my injured knee stopping me from doing any exercise so no yoga, dancing or running. That means I feel like this tight knot of stressful energy now. 

Now I just have to work hard, through the tiredness and hope that I can meet my weekly Project: Do Me goal of finishing work before 9 to relax. 

Hope everyone is getting on well with their Project: Do Me list. Follow link below to find out what it is all about.






One day left till the weekend guys...keep going :-)

5 comments:

Tales of a Hockey Wife said...

thank you for the comment. I hope your headache fades. As a fitness instructor, I would tell you to make sure you work out and then go home and eat lots of chocolate!! That's what I do! But shhhh.....our secret!

Cheers!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Aww I totally wish I could but with my knee injury I can't do anything! I don't know what is up with it and docs just gave me anti-inflammatory tablets which didn't work! Back to visit again soon so will hopefully get it all sorted and be back to working out asap!! That means I will just have to go straight to the chocolate part haha!! Obviously that is between us ;-)

Hockey Wife said...

Hey you! I had that Thursday feeling today ...

How are ya? Just stopping by to check in and say a quick hello! I'm glad you're doing KY's Do Me! I decided not to do it right now - just a lot going on and I think it'd fall by the wayside but it's a great idea! She's so creative!

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

You're awfully sweet to mention Project: Do Me! I hope that this first week went off easily for you. I'm sorry that you suffered from a headache and I hope you feel better soon - every so often I will develop a killer brainache that just won't go away, so I feel ya! Keep your chin up :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Well- I think my weekly one is going ok as tonight I have planned a night of pamper. I'm STILL suffering from a headache... 4 days and counting now!! It's unbelievable that I haven't managed to meet my daily goal of sitting in silence for at least 5 minutes!! That shows me I need to cut back on work a bit!Thanks for the encouragement you two :-) Hope you're both good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...