Wednesday 29 June 2011

Happy Birthday to me...

Today is the day that as you get older, starts to get less and less fun...it's my birthday. It's possibly the only day which I become less fond of as the years go by. Christmas, Halloween, Pancake Day and all other special occasions may lose some shine but nothing like birthdays.

Don't get me wrong, I love how birthdays bring family and friends together but at some point in the lead up or days past, thoughts of how much you have achieved, people who are no longer in your life and other such thoughts pass. This isn't negative per se just thought provoking. After New Year, I think birthdays are another day which make you evaluate your life. Are you where you want to be? Are you proud of what you've done in you life so far? Are their dreams you need to start pursuing? 

When I think back to New Year and starting this blog I had lots of thoughts which ranged from confusion to disappointment and I wasn't quite sure where I was actually going with this blog. Now I', half way through the year and still blogging I am pleased I started. Through this I have gained some very good friends who last birthday I didn't know. You meet a lot of people through blogging but there are some who you meet and just instantly click with. It's crazy as you just know if you were in the same real world place as these people you'd be great friends. 

On this birthday I've asked myself lots of questions and maybe I will share the answers at some point but for now they're my thoughts. I am just going to enjoy celebrating what I have achieved so far in my 26 years with the great people I have around me when things are good AND bad!!These are the things which help me to my birthday and keep me the very somewhat sane person which I am!!


{Via}

 Make a wish time...

10 comments:

C said...

Happy Birthday! May the coming year be both splendid and magnificent for you!

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

Hope you have a lovely birthday!!! Many Blessings!

xoxo,
Lisa

Summer-Claire said...

Happy birthday! Don't get too bogged down in the reminiscing and the "am I where I want to be" thoughts, life is never that predictable - if it were, it would be boring! Look forward to the next few years with all the excitement I'm sure they will contain for you :)

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

YEAH!! Happy Birthday, Missy!! :) You deserve nothing but the best today. And you are so right, there are so many bloggyland friends that I didn't even know existed a year ago, and look at us, we would totally be besties in real life, lol. So glad you are still blogging and we get a chance to come along. Have a very very Happy Birthday!

kit said...

Happy birthday! Welcome to magical, mystical land of, erm, being 26. I've been here for two weeks. There's not as much cake as I would like, but other than that... :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@C- Thank you!
@Lisa- Thanks Lisa!!
@SC- I've worked through that at the weekend and feel ready to push forward now :-) Thanks!!
@Lindsey- Thankyou- Very true about the bestoes and glad I can share my day with new friends!
@SG- Glad to know I have no excitement and lack of cake awaiting me haha!!

Shaneiferd said...

Birthdays are fun. Like you, I always use them not so much as a day of celebration but rather as a day of reflection. Hopefully you found the time to do plenty of both!

~SP

Rebecca said...

I can't believe I missed it -- I was hiding in my dungeon! Happy belated birthday Missy! I hope you had a great day. Birthdays will always be birthdays and will always be great. . .but I agree, every year I am a tad bit less excited about it, have slightly less motivation to plan anything and celebrate (especially this year far away from home), and every year the growing number just makes me want to..well, let's stay positive! Happy Birthday again!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Shane- I did manage to thanks- I think it's good to have a reflective moment. We don't do it enough.
@Reb- Thank you!!! I'm sure once you get settled somewhere you will gain the excitement again!:-)

Liesha said...

Happy birthday!
It's weird, I was just blog-walking when I got to your blog, and you just have the same birthdate as I do!
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...