Friday 18 February 2011

Packing my bags...

My flight to NYC is tomorrow and I am so excited to be having a break. I do love my job but after 7 weeks my body (and mind) are ready for a break. Exhausted does not cover it, I've worked twice as hard the past few days to bring less work home for when I return.

I am currently packing my suitcase and feeling stressed!! I always have the thought process of:
- Have I charged my camera/phone/Ipod and included charger for all items mentioned.
- Do I have enough underwear? For some reason I always over pack on this item.
- Do I have clothes for all days?
- Is my case too heavy?
- Do I have suitable shoes for day/night/ice/snow!?
- Do I have all my toiletries and make-up?

I could go....no really...I could. I will stop there though before you fall asleep. I'm sure you have panics of your own? On the subject of clothes,  I have to admit I create something which I am quite renowned within my friends for doing. I create a clothing itinerary.

The clothing itinerary consists of :
- Brief outline of what you are doing each day.
-Images of outfits taken to match days.
-Options page with 2/3 extra outfits...you know...just in case haha!

It sounds silly and hard work but it pays off. It keeps my suitcase streamlined and hopefully (please!) underweight. I remember the time my case was lost.... along with my itinerary!! When I realised I exclaimed, " Nooo!! My first days outfit will not happen?! My itinerary is all over the place now!" I then had to buy a spare outfit which became an option haha!! I'm really not that high maintenance as this post may make me to look.... I just like organised clothes. Even a friend of mine tried it and was converted :-)

Here is my itinerary I am currently working on (it spans a few pages...):

OCD? Possibly!
Anybody else out there who does the same?! Or do you have some other way of making sure you just pack what's needed and a couple of extras?


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Haha, I do the same thing, I always figure out what I will be doing and then go from there with an emergency substitute - I spend hours matching up shoes, bags, and jewelry to be the most space efficient I can possibly be. However, judging from the picks of your clothes, you might want to warm up a little more. . .When I was there last weekend, I wore tights under my jeans, UGGs and the biggest sweaters and long-sleeves underneath! ;)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Don't worry- I have lots of layers which I have photographed for the 'itinarary' as they are what I think of as essensials lol!I also have big boots, thermal socks, hat and scarf. I am well prepared for cold...I live in North of England so unfortunately I'm used to cold :-( It was -2 when I was on yard duty today. Urgh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...