Tuesday 14 June 2011

This doesn't look right...

I didn't feel like going home to do work straight after school today so I popped to the shops to try and find a dress. I am going to the races for my birthday in a couple of weeks and it's ladies day and therefore everyone gets dressed up. I love to get all dolled up but have had no time to go proper shopping as of late. So I took my opportunity. Unfortunately, I realised that I had managed to pick up the dresses which not only looked rubbish on but also seemed to have a roman toga theme. Maybe this is just me, as Miss Faux Fur says, "You see things which no-one else sees." This is after I have taken back boots because I felt like Santa Clause when I wore them with my red coat and choose not to wear a specific top and jacket combo as I claimed I looked like a cave girl. 

Anyway, I don't usually take pictures in fitting rooms but thought I'd share the dresses so you can see how off kilter with fashion I was today...the shame!!



Dress 1: It was too big, too toga like and too yellow. 
Dress 2: Too roman goddess esque and too light.


Dress 3: I have been eyeing this dress up for a while (not in the white obviously- far too pale for that) and so tried it on for the style. I love the front style all ruched and fitted, also the contrast zip is pretty cool however it's still a bit too big. I think I will have to try the internet for a smaller size and the colour I wanted. Chances of being lucky? Not that high.

Maybe on other people they would look stunning but they just didn't suit me one bit. Back to the drawing board. 


Don't you hate it when you have exactly what you want in your mind but just can't get it?

10 comments:

Kait said...

I like dress 3.
The 2nd one I feel like would only look good on some crazy looking model. the first one... it just seems the fit of it is awkward.

Better luck next time! & Yes, I hate it when that happens!!

El Grande said...

I don't say this often about dresses... even about the ones I design, but that third one is very pretty. Hopefully you'll find the right one.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Kait- Yep, I didn't have any height for the dress.

@El Grande- It is definitly pretty, I have wanted it for ages now I can't get it! I have found a purple versio however my size has gone. I think I'll do some ringing around tomorrow.

El Grande said...

You know if I had some fabric here and there, I could probably whip up a pretty bad-ass dress... or not. Probably not. :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Gee thanks... good to see you're being as nice as ever!

El Grande said...

Or not.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Not suprising- I'm sure you're dress would not be cool enough for me anyway..

El Grande said...

WHAT?!?!? It would probably be to cool for you. After all you could never handle something as cool as the peacock dress.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

That is actually very true... not forcoolness factor just that I would probably be ate by the lynx. I actually have 2 dresses now. I tried to find the white one in purple but had no luck so I had to find a back up dress. Still neither is as great as the peacock dress.

To be honest I actually really loved the fruit dress you designed.

El Grande said...

Of course neither is a cool as the peacock dress. Nothing is as cool as the peacock dress.

Yeah that fruit dress was kinda cute. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...