Saturday 5 February 2011

Intense..

That was the most common word out of me and my friends mouths after going to see Black Swan this evening. If you haven't seen it then I would recommend it, Natalie Portman is just amazing!!I can well understand the plaudits she is getting for the role. I actually thought the film was quite dark so if you're expecting to see some light and pretty ballet film then think again. I actually thought the whole film was stunning regardless of it's edge. I tell you what, it makes my ballet lessons look oh so tame...thankfully!! 

Apart from that fun, I spent some time hunting for a dress. Not just any dress, THE dress which I will be wearing at a NYC Fashion Week Couture show!! Yes- I have a ticket for a fashion show when I visit in a couple of weeks. I am so excited yet having a fashion panic!? What does one wear to such an event?!  Effortless chic is the only guidance it gives.....argh!! Unfortunately my Peacock/Lynx dress wont be ready in time so the British High Street was the next best option! I did manage to find a pretty dress which looks quite dressy and chic. I love one shouldered dresses and this has the most amazing ruffle shoulder thing going on!!

What do you think? I'm sure I will post a picture at some point with accessories if I decide on this!! I mean there is the question of bag, shoes and jewellery to think of!PANIC!Although it looks inky blue in the photo, it's more teal green.

Good enough for fashion week?!

I will have a look around as my other idea was some waist shorts and a nice over sized blouse, slightly more trendy but less glam. Oh the perils of fashion!! Fashion week is NOT the place to make a fashion faux par!

Just to finish tonight, I thought I'd share a picture of my mega hot chocolate today... it was quiet spectacular and oh so yummy!

What a sugar rush!!Mmmmmm.......

Such a girly day therefore my post today has been very girly too!! Just a bit of an insight into my world which I hope you have enjoyed. It's definitely what I needed as my headache (after the 5th day) has now eased...WOOO!!! Shopping really is the answer to everything!

Hope you have all enjoyed your Saturday and enjoyed my slightly more girly post than usual :-)



4 comments:

El Grande said...

The dress you picked does not match the standards set by the "peacock/lynx dress," I hope you are prepared to be mocked by the NYC fashion police.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

I still haven't found the perfect Peacock yet so I will have to take the mocking...until next time!

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

Holy guacamole that hot chocolate looks amazing!!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

It tasted as good as it looked...yum yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...