Tuesday 3 December 2013

My First Christmas

December the 1st was an important day for me, not just because it was the start of advent (which I love) but because I put up my Christmas tree. How is that important? Well, this is the first Christmas I will spend in my own home. I have decided the 1st of December will be my tradition for when I put up the decorations.

Ready to go!

Back in February, I stepped onto the property ladder with the purchase of my first home. I bought it myself and it belongs to me - independent woman right here! That was a good part of my year but overall it has been a hell of year and I feel as though I have had to claw my way through it most the time.

When I put up my tree and began to decorate, I took in my surroundings and felt proud. Proud that I could own my own place. The tree and lights were also my late brother's. It felt like a nice little nod to him when I had them all up - Christmas was one of his favourite times of the year and I know he would be proud to see them in my first home.

Shiny, shiny!

I had so much fun buying decorations, to the point where I had to take so many back as I couldn't make decisions on colours. I put my Christmas music on, poured a cheeky vodka and coke and set up the decorations. After the tree, I set up my calender with the pretty new flowers I bought just for the occasion.

Ho, ho, chocolate!

Nothing beats the feel of a warm, cosy living room with a Christmas tree all dolled up. My home feels even more than before. I am hoping this Christmas time is the start of a better year.

Lights on...
Shining in the darkness...

Have you put your decorations up yet? What is your favourite thing about decorating for the holiday season?


Find Me
twitter/bloglovin/pinterest/instagram 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...