Monday 28 February 2011

Meniscus...

Oh no...I had my clinic appointment today and have been told that my sore knee I have had for 3 months may actually be a meniscus tear!! Argh!! I have to go back in...3 weeks...yep that long, to have another check but this time in depth for my knee to fully determine the cause of the pain. I don't like this at all, I haven't even had stitches let alone surgery (which is pretty much what he said I would need). Oh how sorry I feel for myself today! Also, I'm frustrated at how long this is more than likely going to take if it's 2 weeks between appointments. NHS is good until you need something quick. I have to say, I wish I'd known sooner then maybe my love of high heels may have been put on hold until I was fixed. I have also got some muscle wastage in my knee from not dancing or doing yoga and favouring my other leg. Urgh...what a nightmare! Sorry for the 'poor me' post, but I'm just a bit worried and also wish it could just be sorted sooner! I want to dance again!

Bye, bye new favourite heels....


Anyone else had a similar problem? Ideas how to get over it would be greatly appreciated!!

16 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh poor thing :( I hope they can get it all figured out soon! Waiting this long in between appointments is seriously ridiculous!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Me too...I'm not made to sit around! I need to be up and about haha!

Unknown said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your knee. To be honest, even if I'd known about something like that, I still wouldn't be able to not wear heels. Just sayin. =)

Alex said...

:-( that stinks. i have knee issues from time to time so i can totally relate. hope you get it all resolved soon.

*stopping by from for the love of blogs

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Thanks for support guys! Helps cheer me up a bit!

As for the heels I have been trying as that pic was only last week haha! I have been known to take my shoes off in the afternoon at school because of pain...it amused the kids that I was shoeless. Lol!

El Grande said...

You could always dance like an old person, know all arms, no legs. Also, those are some really huge heals... have I identified the source of your problem??? I think you know the answer to that.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Oh no- the stuck in the mud dance! How tragic! Haha! Would yu believe that I actually had flat ballet shoes on when I hurt it? The heels have just added to the cause I think! I'm only 5'3" so love my heels but think it's all sensible shoes from now on boo!! How's your leg doing?

El Grande said...

What's wrong with the stuck in the mud dance??? By the looks of it, that's how I will have to dance for a while.

I'm 6'7", so a girl in heels is a God-send, but I do feel bad for girls, heels look so uncomfortable. I have a pair of cowboy boots with a little bit of a heel and whenever I wear them I am always tripping.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

You can also do the toe tap dance with your good leg. Another winner! You've got to get creative.

To be honest I find heels no problem and could quite easily wear them every day, particularly the type in the photo as they are actually comfortable. That's why it's killing me wearing flats. You need to practice walking in the house with your cowboy boots- you'll be a pro before you know it ;)

El Grande said...

I don't know... I think the stuck in the mud is a classic. The ladies all love it, the toe tap may be too much for them.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

True... you don't want to give away all your tricks in the first instance. Maybe only dance like that for people who hate you!?

El Grande said...

well maybe, but what would I do with the peacock I wear on my head?

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Now I'm sure there will be some scientific researh backing me up here....I think peacocks like to dance too- particularly the stuck in the mud dance. They're all feathers though so you may need to reign it in a little!

El Grande said...

Think you might be right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2DWaRrsGQQ&feature=related

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Oh wow!! That Peacock has some moves!! I feel it would all go well until it zooms off your head and you're still stuck in the mud. A great talking point though?!

El Grande said...

BEST TALKING POINT EVER!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...