Tuesday 22 January 2013

Facts of Me ...


Today I am linking up with Whitney at 'I Wore Yoga Pants To Work'. It's a post all about me ... Do we have anything in common?


Fact 1
The older I get, the higher the standards I gain. This is true from work, to home etc. I would never say they were particularly low but I definitely aim very high now. Sometimes to my own detriment.

Fact 2
I love quotes. Simple as that. When I was at University it was the days of MSN Messenger and I constantly had lyrics as my status. This made me known as 'The Lyrics Queen'.  Quotes make me me think and ponder life. I can easily lose myself for hours reading them.

Fact 3
Music is a passion - I can't play an instrument but that's irrelevant. I always listen to music. In fact, I think I listen to more music than I watch TV most weeks. My favourite is discovering a new artist and being obsessed with them. I still remember the day The Killers 'Hot Fuss' came out, I played that record on repeat for months. As of late The Lumineers have kept me entertained.

"I'm like the Dead Sea... you told me I was like the Dead Sea, you'd never sink when you are with me..."




Fact 4
I am fiercely protective of my family and friends. When I make friends with someone they have me forever. Unless they hurt me or treat me unfairly they will always have me on their side. I will do anything for them.

Fact 5
I over flow with empathy. I feel like I physically hurt when friends and family around me do. I have been told, and would agree, that I am very perceptive. This has its positives but it also means I feel everything.




Fact 6
I love to travel. I went from being a homebody to an independent traveller. It started a couple years back when I met a guy and was inspired to see me and be more independent. From short trips with Miss Faux Fur to NYC where I would wander, to travelling America and Canada and then last Summer visiting Australia, I have itchy feet. Due to my job I am limited to the times I can travel but I make the most of it. It gives me freedom and allows me to meet new people.

Fact 7
Clothes and shoes are a weakness of mine. I don't crave ridiculously expensive clothes and shoes, I just crave any! I love picking up a bargain here and there and pairing it with older outfits to feel new. Dresses are my down fall and I will always fall for pretty dresses and classic LBDs. One is not enough for me.

Fact 8
I love my job. I am a teacher and I make a difference. The children listen and learn well. I see them grow into mature young adults and they spend as much time with me as their parents sometimes. I am like a surrogate mother to all 29 in my class at the moment. In school I am known as 'the nurturer' due to my calm manner.

Fact 9
I have zero common sense and this is the source of great amusement for others on many occasions. My mind is scatty and therefore quite often I say things without thinking and mind wander all over the place. But sometimes it's nice to be in my own little world and not be right on it. It keeps me entertained.

Fact 10
When I feel panic while driving I turn my music down. I can't concentrate and find it off putting. So if I'm lost? Volume down!


I am also on Twitter if you want to follow and get to know me even better!


What fact would you share? Do we have anything in common?


4 comments:

Linny said...

I love quotes and traveling as well. Hope you enjoyed Australia!

Linny said...

I love quotes and traveling as well. Hope you enjoyed Australia!

Rebecca said...

You know, other than the last fact, which I don't know due to lack of driving experience with you, which HOWEVER I do just like you, I knew all of these! I'd say I'm a pretty awesome friend :D

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Linny - Another quote lover - i love it!

@Reb - You really are awesome! Best friend and from blogs - whod have guessed?! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...