Monday 21 January 2013

Colour Blocking : Guest Post

Today I have something a little different, a guest post from a new favourite blogger of mine. Miss Tiffany from Pinstriped Penguin! After she contacted me to guest post I was very excited to work for her. I hope you enjoy the post (I did- I am a huge fan of colour blocking!) and head over Pinstriped Penguin to read my post for the day and more on fashion!So please show some love today...

______________________________________________________________


Hello Everyone! My name is Fanny and I write the Pinstriped Penguin! I am so excited to be guest posting for Missy today :) I write a little about fashion, food, crafts, weddings, etc. etc. This list goes on and on. 

I decided to share a little fashion with you guys today.
Color blocking, have you heard of it? I can't say I truly knew what it meant until just recently. Here's one of the definitions I found on the web, it explains it pretty well.
Color blocking is a technique where blocks of various fabrics are sewn together to create clothing with a few different solid colors...

So, there you have it! Color blocking was huge for Fall/Winter 2012/13, and don't expect it to go anywhere for Spring 2013. The trend can be found everywhere, from handbags and swimsuits to casual wear. Here are a few pictures I found of the trend on the runway and in real life.




I find this to be a very easy trend to follow. Just mix and match different color clothes and you've got it!
I found this shirt on sale for $10-$12 at Kohl's just recently. It was part of their Narciso Rodriguez designer line. Pair that with with some black skinnies or even dress pants and you've got a trendy outfit for work :)
First, let's get some things straight. I am not a model, nor is my husband a professional photographer - don't judge!! I also didn't have any make up on *sigh*




I didn't want to add too much jewelry to this outfit. The color blocking can be a lot sometimes, so simple is better. Some large retro black studs, a couple of bangles and my watch. Classic enough for work, yet still keeping that trendy vibe.


What do you guys think about color blocking? Do you see yourself getting into this trend for Winter or Spring?
Link Ups


stillbeingmolly
Mingle 240
Photobucket

3 comments:

Rachel Easley said...

Love love love your shirt!! Super cute!

Shellsea said...

I love color blocking, I would totally do it the Spring. Visiting from Mingle Monday!

gayle said...

I think I have color blocked by accident before, I love it but I am not sure what constitutes color blocking and what is just wearing two colors together. Or, is it the same thing? I don't know. :) Cute outfit, either way!

Thanks for linking up with us on Life Lately this week!

xoxo,
Gayle | Grace for Gayle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...