Wednesday 5 October 2011

A rut...


“Very often we are our own worst enemy as we foolishly build stumbling blocks on the path that leads to success and happiness.”
 Louis Binstock

You know when you have that feeling, that feeling like you are on top of your feelings, work load, your thoughts and life in general. Then BAM, all of sudden it hits you that you're not. Well that's me. I became such a stronger person over the last couple of months, and I still feel like I am but I am now having to fight so many things to stay this way and that in itself is so difficult.

In a lot of ways the above quote describes me. I manage to make things harder for myself in many ways. Be it the amount of work I take on, my crazy ideas, my allowance of my thoughts to drive me crazy and unwittingly allowing the past to have some effect on the way I behave in the now.

At the moment, I am  trying to get past some kind of flu like illness which is unknown. It's just hanging around and making me feel oh so tired and I think that contributes to my fragile feeling nature at the moment. It's so hard to be a strong person when you feel weak in body. 

How do you keep your head up and keep moving forward when all you want to do is keep still and silent? You just have to, you gotta keep going and sometimes the hardest thing in the world is to do this. Each person has their own weakness and when that kicks in, things are difficult, and you feel all the better when you hit that grounded state of mind again.

It may seem like this post is some kind of pity post but it's just some kind of mental babbling on screen based on my feeling of out of synchness. Who doesn't have one of these moments once in a while? I'm gonna keep going, finding the happiness and work out the rut (and get better).

I was having a browse through pintrest and came across something which made me sigh and I realised that at this moment in time it was all I wanted. Just one of those days when even surrounded by people, you can feel so alone and that feeling of being needed is enough to put a smile on your face.
{Source}


How do you get out of ruts be them big or small? 

8 comments:

Bess V. said...

I can't remember how I found your blob, but I can relate to this post! I have definitely had those days/months/even years. It sounds silly, but sometimes pinning up quotes that inspire you or keeping an object around that reminds you of something important can help. There's this quote from What Color Is Your Parachute that I really like. Maybe I'll post it on my blog....

Anonymous said...

By trying something new everyweek! Thats how i try to get out of ruts in life.. :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Ramblinbess- Glad you like it :-)I like the idea of pinning up quotes. Maybe I should keep a quote file. As you can tell I do love my quotes!!! I not heard the parachute one.
@Jodi- That's a good idea. I was working really hard to try and do something each weekend but being poorly has kinda stopped that for a bit :-(

Unknown said...

I hear ya about the ruts. Ruts suck. Plain and Simple. I am in a rut right now to be 100% honest with you. My answer to getting out, eh - I'm not really sure what that is but I will tell you what I am doing in order to try and find my answer for getting out. I have decided it's time to take a look at life, and a bit of self-re-discovery are needed. For me it's totally within myself and within business. There are things I know without a doubt are right (like my marriage) but there are things I am taking a look at (direction I am headed, direction to take my business, looking at who I have become as a woman, who I want to be, etc.) I'm doing it via my actual journal, my visual journal and I'm also reading one my favorite books- Captivating. I'll tell ya, I started this little journey Monday, and I'm already feeling just a little bit lighter ;)

Sassy said...

When I feel caught in one of those ruts and want to get out, sometimes I just have to DO IT! like the Nike commercial says. For me, many times there is just no other way, because I can literally think and rethink things and before you know it I'm even deeper in the rut. Things are not always easy, but I do believe that there is always light at the end of the tunnel no matter how darn dim it seems. This is a fabulous post!!

Madison

Lady Goo Goo Gaga said...

That sucks!! It's hard but try to wake up thinking today is a new day!!!

apw said...

on the way home from school i seriously thought about writing in my blog about my rut I'm in this week! its awful and your pinterest saying is perfect! and I also have been feeling so tired and unmotivated to do anything and randomly crying.. telling my amazing bf he never makes time for me (i see him everyday but for short periods of time). lol its ridiculous but i cant kick it.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@ kristina- I think being in a rut can always be fixed by doing what you're doing...taking a look at yourself. There is always something in your life making you feel that way and the way to know what it is is to look hard. Sometimes it's a shock but it's needed to get out! Good luck!
@MMM- 'Just do it!' great thinking!! I always out stuff off and shouldn't really. Great thought!
@LadyGGG- The new day thing is definitly something I'm working hard to do at the moment!
@Allison- I've had the tears too...maybe it's this time of the year?! haha!!! Good luck with trying to get out the rut and to feeling better :-) I am sure in a few days, something will strike and you'll go ahhh, it's all seeming brighter now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...