Tuesday 11 October 2011

Letter to my body...

I was reading my Elle magazine at the weekend and was inspired by one of the articles. It was honest, thoughtful and inspiring. It made me want to write my own...



Dear Body,

We've spent 26 years together and I still don't think I fully appreciate or know you. I often look at you and do nothing but criticise...for that I am sorry.I know you try your best, I really do, but sometimes you're the easiest victim. You may not speak back but occasionally you give me a sign which says loud and clear- Slow down!! Yes, I'm talking to you knee and head. You constantly yell at me with knots in my shoulders and what do I do? Ignore you... again, I apologise. Sometimes I give you so much fuel that you don't know what to do with it and you make me unsettled and hyper. Other times I withhold as if we've fell out just because I don't feel like it. I suppose I sometimes don't know what to make of my moods and feelings and take it out on you again.

I have insecurities towards you, but who doesn't have that? However, I very rarely look at you and think you're too big or too small or just not right. Occasionally, and I freely admit it, I will judge you far too harshly but you always take it and never laugh or make me feel worse. You just stare back and let me have my moment of doubt. Thank you. As I get older, I spend less time looking at your flaws and I am beginning to appreciate you and what you can do. I hope you appreciate the effort I have been giving lately in feeding you healthy food!! Don't worry, I will still keep the chocolate coming!! 

I just want you to know that regardless of some of the negativity I am glad you belong to me, I love what you've given me - the legs, the hidden freckle, the green eyes and of course your boundless energy!! 

While I may not always treat you the correct way, I do appreciate and love you and I want to let you that I thankful for you loving me back.

Missy 
xoxo



So, there's my letter.Honest, frank and open. What would you say to your body?

It would be nice to have a few of you email a letter to make a special 'Letter to my body' page.... I think it would be an inspiring and honest look into the minds of others. If you would like to contribute drop me a comment or email me your letter and I shall link to your blog too.

takeallchances {at} gmail {dot} com

6 comments:

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

wow i really love this.. thanks for sharing.. you have me thinking about my own here!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Love this post i may try this myself.

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

Sigh love this. My letter would be a lot like yours I think :) and it would end with something like... "You may not be perfect, but your mine.. and that makes you beautiful" hehe :)

P.S. It's funny that you just posted this... Ashley at www.twoeyesinthemirror.blogspot.com is hosting "Love Your Body Day" next week. I'm participating.. you should check it out too :)

jellybelly said...

Great reminder to us not to abuse our bodies :) Following from Blogging Buddies bloghop!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Lisa- Glad I got you thinking. Too often we just take it for granted!
@Jodi- You should, let me know if you do :-)
@Tammy- what a lovely ending! I will have a look at that blog for sure.
@Jelly- Glad you like it.
@Reb- Can't believe you are wanting away from NYC!! Things are obviously very good for you in LA :-) I wont be in NYC till at least next year if I can afford it.Sometimes you need a break and blogging can be a good one as you don't want it to get too choreful. An add has came your way and I can't wait to chat!!!!!!!! Good to hear from you!!!!x x x

Rebecca said...

Uh oh...I think I deleted you add? I was like "Who is this girl?" haha. SORRY you may have to do it again haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...