Wednesday 10 August 2011

Music with meaning...

I couldn't sleep one morning and decided to listen to the radio and a song came on which made me smile. Why? Well it was a song which reminds me of my Dad and everytime I hear it with him he tells me the same fact each time- like clock work. "You know that sound Missy? The background noise? Well that's Buddy Holly clapping and patting his knees." He knows I know this yet still tells me. Therefore when I hear this song I smile.

 Buddy Holly- Everyday


Another song which makes me smile is one which my Mam absolutely adores (I really do too) and when it's on the radio I feel happy.
Everlasting Love - Love Affair


I could go on and on about songs which are special to me for silly reasons relating to my parents. After all, their music was much better than the rubbish these days...or so they say. 

Do you have a song which reminds you of a parent or relative and make you smile? Even if it is for a silly reason?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Music is so powerful isn't it?! Butterfly kisses by Bob Carlisle is one that will forever remind me of my dad

Rebecca said...

Ahhh Missy! I love the song - I always steal your music! Btw, I AM SO SORRY - I totally forgot about the guest post. . .I would love to do one, but I doubt you need me anymore? Ah I am such a slacker! There has been so much going on...

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@ Kristina- Isn't it just. I don't get people who just well, don't get music?! I'm like are you insane? Songs can evoke so many feelings.
@Reb- Steal away, if I can intorduce people to new music then that's great!! Don't worry about the post, I know how busy you have been. I would still love one from you though, maybe about your move to NYC (our favourite city!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...