Friday 22 July 2011

I'm free...

Today was the last day of the academic year for me. This means that I have six weeks off to recover and have fun before going back to having no life! It was a lovely day and I got to say goodbye to my students but lucky for me it wasn't too hard as I have been moved up to the next year with them all. I feel extremely lucky as it's very rare to move up with the same class. Also, the kids I'm working with are great so I know next year is gonna be a good one. 

Since I have time off now I can get back to blogging a bit more and have somewhat of an adventure in August :-) The fun times start at 4.45am tomorrow (yes- that early on my first day off) when I meet up with Miss Twin and Miss GG and we head away for the weekend to visit our friend who is due her first baby come October!!! It's an early start but it's sure worth it!


No more late nights working..


My bounty from the kids... enough chocolate and wine for the summer mixed in with jewellery, notebooks (a lovely one I've already picked out as my new Blog Book, mugs and bath/body sets. I feel very lucky!


Hope you've had a lovely Friday!!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ha, good for you! congratulations! I am sure it feels amazing to be done! I cannot wait for that feeling! I didn't know teachers got that many presents???? Dang, haha! How lovely though! Enjoy your weekend getaway -- remember to plan one for our favorite city after September 1... ;-)

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

congratulations and it is so sweet your students are thoughtful enough to give you a gift how sweet!

Simon Wallett said...

6 weeks off and a shed load of presents! I definitely now don't believe my sister and brother-in-law when they say its all hardwork ;-)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Reb- I know, i sometimes feel so awkward when they give me stuff but there were some very thoughtful presents which was lovely! Plans will most definitly have to be made! Such a shame I leave there the 20th!
@Eschelle- I know, I was very thankful :-)
@Simon- hahaha!!! Don't believe them, we have easy hahah!Just go visit them and drink their wine :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...