Thursday 30 June 2011

Festivals...

I have been catching up on some of the Glastonbury coverage this week and am sad to not to have been there. I love festivals as they offer the perfect blend of relaxation and of course music!! When at festivals you can get up, chat with friends and then spend time in likewise company, appreciating great music and discovering bands you never knew about.I would love to attend Coachella festival sometime in the future!!

I've seen bands from The Red Hot Chillie Peppers to Lightspeed Champion. Some of my highlights have been The Killers headlining, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, The Wombats, The Shins and Razorlight. There is nothing like a field full of people all singing together. I watched U2 on tv the other night and was impressed. I'm not a huge fan of theirs but appreciated their set. Last night was the turn of one of my favourite bands to headline: Coldplay. I saw them live a few years back and they are amazing!! If you ever get the change to see them- go! You wont regret it.

Have you been to a music festival or would you like to?

I'm gonna share some of my favourite Coldplay songs now:

Yellow

Fix You - Brilliant live but quite emotional

Warning Sign

Violet Hill

Swallowed In The Sea



7 comments:

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

Thats funny i just had this convo with a friend yesterday that we want to go to Coachella next year!!! i cant wait never been but def want to !

Summer-Claire said...

Sounds like you've had some great times at festivals in the past! I personally could not think of a single worse experience than camping in the rain without a shower for 4 days, but am always tempted by the music. Maybe one year I'll do it, who knows.

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

That festival sounds pretty fun! Coachella is also a dream of mine. Want to meet up there?! :) I would love to see ColdPlay live. Lucky that you got to go a few years ago.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Lisa- Do it!! It always falls during my school term so doubt I'll ever get the chance!
@SC- To be honest I was laughed at when I said I was camping as I can be quite high maintence haha!! However, it wasn't too bad. It's acatulay so nice to get away from mobiles, internet and tv etc for a few days!!
@Lindsey- Festivals are great, always a great atmosphere. Haha- I would LOVE to meet up there! I have quite a weakness for boys in bands... they were well before hockey boys haha!! I blame KIngs of Leon lol!! Yea, if they ever tour try grab tickets for them- quite magical!

Shaneiferd said...

Coldplay, in recent months, has become one of my favorite bands. So jealous you got to see them! One day I will as well!

Have you seen the videos for Strawberry Swing or Life In Technicolor ii? They are so artistic (especially Strawberry Swing) I nominate them for an honorable mention in this entry lol.

Rebecca said...

You will laugh at me when I tell you that I have never been to a festival...I have been to concerts etc, but never an actual festival. You have seen a bunch of great bands, Missy! I would just die to see Kings of Leon one day..I bet they put on an amazing shows -- when playing their oldies, of course!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Shane- If you've not heard their first album then I suggest you get your hands on it beacsue it is amazingly beautiful!! Yea creative is a gerat way to describe them. I am always in awe of The Scientist video as it must've been so difficut to edit with it goig backward but Chris singing normally.
@Reb- I know quite a few people who haven't been and it's usually for the toilet and no shower issue haha! I don't lbame them sometimes. I used to go to gigs all the time when at Uni hence catching some of these 'big bands' when they were just becoming established.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...