Wednesday 16 February 2011

Great job...

I started off the day in a great mood and full of energy slightly more energetic than usual. I even woke up early and before my alarm (score!). However, as the day went on I began to develop my tension headache again, feel light headed and generally just felt a bit rubbish. Nevermind, I was looking forward to the end of the school day. Then I chatted to my head teacher about some funding for a sports visitor (no funding) and an appointment for my poorly knee at a clinic to finally get it assessed (she was more bothered I'd be leaving school early...on a day the kids aren't even in!!). 

After that I went back to my classroom and just felt low. How can someone do some much work and help in so many ways and still can't be offered any appreciation whatsoever?! I don't expect a fan fare every time I walk into school - it would be embarrassing and slightly weird- but just a good job with this that or good job with that would not go amiss. Why is it that as soon as people are in positions of 'power' they forget about peoples feelings. 

Surely, it's common knowledge that people are happy and more motivated when they are appreciated. There is a no need for grand gesture, just common niceness would be good. I just can't wait to get a break from the place. My holiday can't come soon enough!!

Hope you have all had a better day and if you work with someone similar then I'm sure you're doing a fab job and will be rewarded soon enough! 



Here's a song for you all which cheers me up a little and this one has clips from one of my favourite TV Shows ever- The OC!!! 

It's by Imogen Heap and called Speeding Cars






4 comments:

Rebecca said...

OMG I love love love that song. I have it on every iPod and my iPhone - listen to it almost daily. I am sorry you had a bad day. Hopefully you can take advantage of some free time later and do something to pamper yourself. At least you know how much you are worth and how much you are doing at work!

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

I love Imogen Heap - I totally forgot about them thanks for posting the song!

I'm sorry you're feeling low today - I totally understand what what you mean and how you're feeling. When I taught dance and preschool and coached cheerleading I simply got burnt out with it all. Noone ever thanks you but instead will find something to complain about rather than show their appreciation for the little things you do. Just keep trucking on and KNOW that you are influencing little ones lives and helping to shape who they are as a person, thats the best payback of all :)

Tales of a Hockey Wife said...

Being a teacher is a selfless job at times...hopefully the rewarding moments make up for the days you don't feel acknowledged!

Hang in there...school will be out soon!!

Cheers

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Thanks girls :-) Very true- I know deep down that I'm making a difference but just when the tiredness hits and oyu get to that emotional stage EVERYTHINg becomes a huge thing. 2 more days then it's half term and I can have a break!! Thanks for the encouragement.

@KY- I love the term 'keep trucking on'. Never heard that used before but it sounds great lol!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...