Saturday 8 March 2014

5 reasons why I love being a woman!

Today is International Woman's Day so I thought I would share some reasons why I love being a woman. It is not always easy to be a woman but it can definitely be fun!

1: I can cry when I want 

Emotions - the bain of my life sometimes but I love that I can let them go and just cry sometimes. As woman, we are sometimes berated for showing feelings and we're made to feel like we should lock things up inside. No. We shouldn't. We feel emotions and we should let them go. 


2: Who did what?
We gossip, we bitch but what would being a woman be if we didn't do it. I am not talking about the nasty stuff. It's just those rants you have with your best friends where you put the world to rights. I also know men who when they are with woman comment how much they love to have a little gossip session. Men are laughed at but women, we are made to share news. At the end of the day, there was a show all about gossip - it's ok. We can do it and feel fine.



3: Makeup
Where would I be without the invention of make up? Holed up in my home more than likely. For years I suffered with bad skin and only the use of makeup helped me become confident to go out. If Cleopatra wore makeup, I can and I can be happy to wear it. I don't care if it 'hides' me or men think I look better 'natural'. I love doing m eyes and finding new products and feeling pretty. Who doesn't like that right?


4: Glitter, sequins, short skirts, long skirts, halter, crop...
Clothes! I love clothes, however materialistic that sounds. New shoes are a weakness of mine but I am picky so will not go to crazy. Shopping for clothing as a woman we have so many choices and options out there. We can match our outfits to our moods, shoes or just choose something because it looks downright awesome. I will wear what I want and what I feel comfortable in. But still, as I trawl through my wardrobes I hear myself saying, "I've nothing to wear."


5: I am always right and never really fine. 
We, as women, have our own language. Do we mean what we're saying? Yes we do, but maybe we don't? You'll never really know. I sit with my friends and I can read everyone of them. Sit with a group of men and they never quite know where they are, they just always know I am right. Being so open  showing our emotions, sometimes words are the only thing we can use to protect us. So go ahead, ask me if I really am 'fine' today.



What do you love about being a woman?


Find me:
twitter/bloglovin/pinterest

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...