Thursday 28 April 2011

So there's this wedding ...

As you probably know the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton is tomorrow and if you don't know...how? In the UK it is literally all over the news, there are constant 'breaking news' items relating to a dress bag being carried here and a royal appearing there. As much as one tries (notice my use of RP English...see, it could've been me) one can not avoid the furore!

Miss Twin has decided to mark the day off wedding with a alcohol sophisticated BBQ. This is where she calls upon my service, not only to attend but to bake for said BBQ. I am renowned as being a bit rubbish in the kitchen. I can pretty much make either: mince pie (savoury) and vegetables, mince and dumplings (yum!) or sunday lunch. I even find things to grill a bit of a stretch. I am not the type of person to say, "Surprise!! I've cooked you a lovely meal." Now why has she asked me to bake you may ask... well my secret weapon is my cupcakes (yes- this sounds wrong but it stays haha). If I am consistent in baking anything then it's cakes, they were once described as 'taste sensations' and that wasn't by me before you ask!!

So I have spent nearly 3 hours baking away for Miss Twin and others. Here are some of my 'kitchen pics':





Baking time...notice the slight 'flour incident' (top right)? I thought the mixer would stand up in the bowl...it didn't...



The finished products (I know, the C kinda looks like a G but after 3 hours I was starting to lose concentration)!!! 

I just hope that my 3 tierd red, white and blue cake doesn't fall apart before tomorrow. For some reason the blue layer just didn't bake evenly and is creating some slidage...oh dear!!

I hope whatever you do tomorrow that you have a great day!! I am sure I will be rather merry on vodka and sugar by late afternoon!! Oh, I want to give a shout out to Mollie at OK in UK and say..."Have fun in London!! I will keep an eye out for you!!"

12 comments:

Gillian said...

Sounds like a grand celebration! A cupcake makes everything better... have fun!

Baby Talk without the Babble

Patty said...

Mmmmmm....I'll have a cupcake, please!

Have a fun time!

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Oh my gosh, you did not make cup cakes and cakes! Haha, that is awesome! I am watching right now, ready to see her dress :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Gillian - cupcakes do indeed make it all good !!
@ slide- I'm sure you'd love them!
@texa- I made more than needed I think but it's the only thing I bake well haha! There's lots of us so I'm sure they'll all go! The dress is beautiful! As is her sisters!

Summer-Claire said...

Did it all stay in one piece for today? Hope you had a good day, it's been a good'un :)

OKinUK said...

Thanks for the shout out! Those sweet treats look awesome...makes me wish I'd done that instead!

flowers on my table said...

Mmmmm they all look lovely, well done! Linda x

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by from The Post of The Month Club, they look good. I hope you enjoyed yesterday as much as I did.

Travel With Lulu said...

Wow! I am so impressed! I have real troubles with my oven in Celsius (I'm sure it has nothing to do with my baking skills - and I'm sticking with that story). Hope you had a lovely day.

Thank you for linking up to Post Of The Month Club! XOL

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Summer- It did stay in one piece thankfully! I put it in the fridge to set over night so that helped haha!!
@Mollie- Was it a bit bedlam down London?
@Linda- Thank you :-)
@Lindy- It was a lovely day!
@Homemaker- I just guess the temperature, usually about 170 (celsius? haha). As you can see it's amazing that I can actually bake something!Just keep practising and you're oven will work better I am sure ;-)

Unknown said...

Crap! Now I want cupcakes! Great job!

Sarah said...

"If it's not OK , then it's not the end..." So true! I love quotes and that one is gorgeous. Also, those cupcakes are AMAZING - now I really want some! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...