Thursday 7 April 2011

Random act of kindness...

Just a short blog today... I have 28 pieces of writing to mark and level, 28 maths to mark and level and also reports waiting to be written. I am not neglecting you I promise...

Just wanted to share the news that I was the recipient of a random act of kindness today. I had bought cups for my kids at school as some forget water bottles and it's getting far to warm in the classroom to have no water bottle. So I paid, left the store and was stopped by a woman who'd ran from the shop to let me know I'd dropped/left one of the packs of cups. The cups were just cheap so it wasn't like I'd spent a fortune but it was such a nice thing to have someone go out of their way to be kind.

I was clearly having another one of these days....minus the cool hat however!


The strange thing was that I was then in another shop down the way and I was waiting to pay for a card and guess what....a lady left her shopping bag next to the counter and the person who went to the till after her chased her to give it back! 

This has brought me to the conclusion that it is forgetfulness and random act of kindness day!

I wonder what your most memorable act of kindness has been?

4 comments:

Meri said...

Oh, I forgot about all of those books...I reread some of them as an adult, with my nieces, and some of them are really, really weird...
Cheers!
Meri
merigoesround.blogspot.com

Ross said...

What a great act of kindness. I've been in the situation where someone has been in front of me at the gas station and forgot their wallet so this one particular time I paid for the person's $30.00 worth of gas. Great site you have.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Thank you Ross :-) That was really kind of you! It's just good to know we still have good people around!

Jenna said...

No matter how small, random acts of kindness always mean so much to the person on the receiving end!

When I was in Japan a few years ago I left my digital camera sitting in a really crowded and busy tourist area and a woman came running after me to give it back... I couldn't believe it!

Have a great Sunday... I'm popping by from FTLOB to share the love!

xoxo
Jenna
http://jennafinch.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...