Wednesday 13 April 2011

Dancing on Ice...

Last night I had a well deserved night off. Assessments and reports are all finished so I can have somewhat of a lofe again. What better treat than to go and see Dancing on Ice (or Skating with Celebrities). I had the company of Miss Hockey, Miss Twin, My Mam and Miss Twin's potential mother in law.

I have loved ice skating ever since I was little, admittedly I watch more than participate due to lack of rinks, but either way I love it. It was something me and Miss Twin would sit and watch for hours! So much so that I even touted the idea of becoming an ice skater when younger...being able to ice skate is still on my list of things do. In the UK the show is hosted by the legendary Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean who scored 6.0 across the board in 1984 Olympics. If you have never had the pleasure of watching their dance (shame on you if you haven't) then here it is:





A few years back they began their own show where celebrities skated with professionals and eventually one was crowned a winner. Last night I saw the live show of some of the latest skaters from this years show. It was honestly amazing!! I felt privileged to see Torvill and Dean, amongst others, dance live. They make it look easy and just glide across the ice. The celebrities were good but when the professionals skated together it was something else. Here is a short clip (ignore the poor quality- lots of light and phone camera!) of one of my favourite skaters Matt from last night:


Oh and to the jealousy of my cousin and work colleagues I got to see this guy:

   
He even wears pink well does Colin!

If you watch Skating with Celebrities you must know that he is our Fred replacement, yes you lucky people got Fred!! I think it will be a definite night out with the girls again next year! :-)


19 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love our simultaneous posting! :)
I have always love going to the ice skating shows. It was my quality time with my grandpa when I was younger, we would always go together. I don't Germany has a skating with the stars type of show though. . .that is one of the bandwagons we haven't jumped on yet.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Hahah! We're just so in synch- even on different time zones?! Aww that's sweet that you two went together. I think Germany needs to get itself together and jump on this bandwagon! It's amazing!

El Grande said...

I hate, HATE, ice skating. My mom loves it and when I was a little kid she would kick my dad and I off from the big TV in the living room so she could watch it there. HOW IS THAT EVEN FAIR?

Take All Chances - Missy said...

I think it's very fair, she's the Mam and Mams can do that and obviously because ice skating is awesome...

El Grande said...

Whatevs...

Take All Chances - Missy said...

How very mature!!Just because you know there is no case to be put forward against what I said!Ha ha!

El Grande said...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/Blowing_a_raspberry.ogv

That's all I have to say.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

You just get even more grown up with every reply I see?

El Grande said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMrtEwYurmk&feature=related

(just the first seconds)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Oh dear me...

El Grande said...

I win!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

In your head maybe...if you want to believe it though who am I to disagree?

El Grande said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjhu6bXWRZA

Take All Chances - Missy said...

What's that? Did someone say something...

El Grande said...

Who's acting immature now?

Take All Chances - Missy said...

I don't know? Who?

El Grande said...

Very mature.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

I thought so :-)

El Grande said...

NOT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...