Sunday 24 April 2011

Egg rolling fun...

My family has a bit of a tradition of going up to a local monument and rolling decorated eggs down the hill on Easter Sunday. We like to say it's for the kids but I think some of the adults enjoy the egg decorating more!! So I want to share some of the designs from the day:

Miss Twin's eggs- Rabbit and 2-Pac!

Cousin's eggs- Ballerina and The Hulk!

Mine- Justin Bieb-egg and Sir Reginald the Peacock.

Brother's egg- I couldn't remember the name but it's cute!

Nephew's egg- A little guy with headphones!

Justin Bieb-egg didn't make it up the hill :-(

The hill....

Us scavenging for our eggs!


View from the very top.


'Wildlife' grazing around the monument haha!


It was Miss Twin's egg which survived the most throws with Sir Reginald coming a close 2nd. As you can see Justin Bieb-egg suffered a cruel fate before the rolling commenced. I had a fly land on my hand which I thought was a spider and unfortunately in the panic I flicked my hand and sent him flying  :-( It was a sad moment to me but one of great amusement to the others. 

After our hill fun, we all got together to eat, talk and laugh. It has been a lovely Easter Sunday! Hope you have all had fun too!!!










Follow If its not ok, then its not the end...

12 comments:

Kate Weber said...

LOL! I love the way you all decorate your eggs! That is so genius! I love the Bieb! And I think your brother made Ike from South Park! So cute!

Don't you just love family traditions? Happy Easter!

Simply Kate

Rebecca said...

Haha, nice job with the Bieber egg - lol. The dude is wearing. . .excuse me, wore a pretty cool hat ;) Happy Easter! I am glad you had a good one :) We'll be decorating eggs later today - when I am through with my paper! Ugh.

Jessica said...

That looks like fun! I love the ballerina egg and the 2pac egg is very clever.

I'm a new follower. Have a great rest of your weekend. :)

Jessi
http://thejuicilife.blogspot.com

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

such cute photos, i love it!

XOXO
Lisa

OKinUK said...

I was riding the bus out to Sunderland one day and I saw that monument off in the distance. I got kind of excited...you know, thinking that maybe it was a relic of Roman occupation.

Nah. But I did learn a lot about the time period in which it was built. Turns out that building "fake" ruins was de riguer for some time.

Always I am entertained by people, even through time.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Kate-Hahah! The Bieb is pretty great!
@Reb- Oh his hat...I had to google how to make it and nothing rounded to model so could only find a small measuring cup hence it's size and non cap like shape hahah!! Awesome or what?! Hope you enjoyed your egg time!
@Lisa- thanks :-)
@Mollie- Yea, there are stories that it was made for someone who everyone had thought died and then it turned out he hadn't so they just stopped building it, as you do. But it was for John Lambton:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penshaw_Monument
You should go up one day, it's a lovely walk and there are some cool forests to explore around it!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@ Jessi- My sister did the 2-pac egg for her bf who is a huge fan haha!! He just looked confused haha!

Syndal said...

those eggs are amazing!!

stopping by from mingle monday!

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

Those eggs are so neat! I've always just decorated mine with paint but I am for sure going all out like these next year with my brother :D

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Syndal- Thanks :-)
@KY- You should deffor give it a go!! I can guarentee you will spend ages perfecting them haha!

Lozzz123 said...

Hey! That is such a great tradition, I may just have to borrow it if you don't mind! :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Lozz- Borrow away :-) The more Justin Bieb-egg/celebrities rolling down the hill the better haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...