Sunday 8 May 2011

Time passes...

It has been nearly a week since blogging. It's not that I haven't wanted too, I just haven't had the time to sit and write. Once again I have the thoughts but just can't seem to get them onto screen and with having little time I just decided to have a break

I looked after my nephew last night to allow my sister and partner to go out and therefore I was up very early (too early in fact) for a Sunday!! He's been good but my goodness trying to occupy him is hard work. He's worth it though.

I thought I'd take the early morning as a chance to share my week...



Back to Work

After two weeks off it was ready to go to school and I loved it. I missed the kids and enjoyed hearing all their stories about the holidays. The week was manic and I worked a lot!! There was marking and planning and all other school related stuff!! 

Pamper Time

At the spa I go to there was a St Tropez event. As a regular, I was offered tickets. So I took Miss Twin and my Mam. It was basically the launch of their sun care range which also accelerates tanning. It also has melanobronze in it. This is something which 'tricks' the skin into thinking it's getting sun so melatonin is produced therefore you will begin to tan without being in the sun!! Now for someone with my pale skin this sounds pretty amazing. I am now giving the face cream a little go, after all it's nearly summer so I fancy the sun kissed look and not the Casper the friendly ghost look. So I treated myself to that and booked a spray tan... a girls gotta treat themselves every once in a while!

{Via}

Friends and Family

I managed to spend some time with my best friends this week. I'm trying to get  bit of a line between work and life. Before my two weeks off I was working non-stop and felt like I didn't have time. I wanted to see them but I was completely engrossed in work. I decided over Easter that that must be changed. I can't just have work. 

One of my favourite moments this week was taking my nephew to my sisters and having a night in with pizza and video games. He turned 17 last week but still thinks me and Miss Twin are pretty cool- woo!! We played Mortal Kombat and it was great fun. For the record I'm not too bad at it, I just press anything but it works! He's amazing at it though so I didn't really win a lot bit I tried. I could do a mean grapple and block combo! Haha! We also managed to win the tag team challenge.

{Via}
 My character- Johnny Cage!

Hockey

As I have been working late I managed to catch some Stanley Cup games. As my team lost in the first round - Oh Rangers...when will it be your time?- I was rooting for The Flyers. A couple of good friends of mine love them and they were rather pleased I was showing some interest in their team. One believes that he can change my allegiance and I keep reminding him that it wont happen!I don't think he is too bothered now since I watched the Bruins get rid of them in 4 games. I may be a jinx. So... Let's go Rangers!!!


{Via}


So that's a bit of an update and hopefully I will be back to blogging if I can get my mixed up thoughts out!


I am going to leave you with my little nephew's first blog post. When I was working I sat him on my knee for a bit and played with some of his toys but he seemd to think my laptop was more fun. He decided that he wanted to, at 10 months, join the blogging community! So here is Baby G's post...

xxxxxxxx    buyujrujhjhhyhgbdxcxtgthggg




Happy Sunday!!

8 comments:

Tina Martin Publications said...

Thanks for the reminder about not being engrossed in work. Sometimes, we get so busy that we don't give ourselves time with the people we love!

Visiting from FTLOB Comment Love.

http://ibetterfindyourlove.blogspot.com/

Alison said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good week! I love the last line, from your nephew :)

Stopping by from FTLOB. Happy Sunday!

Patty said...

Work tends to take away a lot of the fun in life, somewhat of a necessary evil.

Glad you had a good week and love your nephews post...:)))

Enjoy the day!

Patty

sarah nicole said...

Sounds like a great week! Always nice to have a little time off from work and be fresh and excited to see the kids again. : )

xo,

Sarah

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Well, it might have been a busy week, but it sure sounds like a nice one. Esp the St. Tropez event! I could go for one of those :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@ Tina- so true and then when you do you realise how rewarding it can be :-)
@Allison- He's very clever haha!
@Patty- Yea, it's sad that something we need to do takes away from the important things in life!! He did pretty well didn't he!
@Sarah- Definitly, the time off is grea for you and the kids just for a breather. Then it's all shiny again when you go back.
@Texa-The St Tropez thing was great. I've been using the face one as a night cream and it's lovely for my skin and smells lush!

Rebecca said...

Mortal Combat? Talk about nostalgic moments haha. I used to play that with my brother back in the day -- awesome that it is still around! I am glad you enjoy being back to work, it is a huge improvement from before your Easter break! Have a great start into the new week, doll!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Reb- Tell me about..it's the same just better graphics. It was our retro games night haha!! Thanks for the good wishes, I think sometimes things get on top and you just need a break. Hope you're enjoying your parents being back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...