Monday 11 April 2011

4 days and counting...

I am in my final week of school before the two week Easter break and boy do I need it?! I finished reports today and I'm now moving onto assessments. It seems at the moment that something which should take half an hour seems to take 3 times as long and I'm now feeling extremely worn... it's not helping that today I was up at 6.30am working as couldn't keep working at 1 this morning. I actually totaled up my hours work last week and came up with the ridiculous amount of :  68 hours!!!!! 
This is including working through my lunch break, working up until bed and then I accompanied some older kids to a swimming gala on the Friday night and didn't get home till after 9pm!!

I know you're wondering what my secret is to keeping going...I don't know though! When I look at it from an outside view I just have no idea how I or any of my teacher friends manage it?! I wonder if teachers are superheros develop this ability to not need sleep or food the last couple of weeks of term in order to get through assessment weeks (as well as the ability to ignore loud noise). Now I have 4 days left, I can feel my body slowing down wanting to sleep. However, I don't listen to such nonsense and keep on going.

As treat today I was a bit naughty and went to McDonalds drive through after work. I know it's not good for you but sometimes it's all you need. However, the weather then seemed to mirror my feelings: it was bright sunshine but a heavy rain shower at the same time. It's like not even the weather can feel properly happy! However, it did provide me with the following photo which I just love!
It's a rainbow!!!! :-)

So pretty...

I am well aware that this post is a little all over the place...blame the sleep deprivation! I can't keep thoughts on one track on a good day let alone when I'm feeling shattered.

Hope you have all had a good start to the week!


4 comments:

Patty said...

Love that Rainbow! Take that as a sign that you're doing okay and Someone wanted you to know...

Have a great week!

Patty

Rebecca said...

Hang in there! 4 days is nothing and will fly by in no time! 2 weeks of a break is incredible - I already need that again too!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@ Patty- Thank you, that is such a nice thought :-)

@ Reb- Definitly, especially if I am as busy as I was last week! I will definitly feel like I've earned a lie in or two haha!

Kristen Victoria said...

damn girl 68 hours?! thats like.. more than a lawyer! crazy! my mom and older sister are teachers... it really is a ton of work, people don't realize. you guys don't get paid enough in my opinion. great picture! i feel you on the mcdonalds. who wants to cook after working so much? indulge, girlfriend. indulge... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...