Tuesday 4 February 2014

Show me how big your brave is!

Lately it seems as though my brave has had to be VERY big! Through personal problems, phasing back to work and general medication switches, my life has been pretty rough.

Last week I needed to have a meeting in school with HR. They have not been helpful at all and the thought of meeting was pretty stressful. After 3 weeks of cancellations (on their part) I finally made it on Friday. Prior to the meeting, I met with a Teaching Union member for support with legal rights etc. HR wanted me back to work after 4 weeks but nothing states the time frame. My doctor is in clear consultation and is advising my return.
[Source]

The school is fine with that but HR had other thoughts. After meeting with my Union, I was happy enough that I was right in my thoughts. I gained a copy of the Absence Guidelines and picked up my highlighter and went to work. If there is something which will give me a kick up the ass, it is something which is wrong. I looked through the document, highlighted and made notes. I was prepared for the meeting.

The day of the meeting, I felt so nervous and prepared myself for the worst. I am not exactly feeling at my best right now so this was something I was not looking forward to. But I dressed up and I showed up.

Alongside my Headteacher and Union Rep I went to the meeting and listened to HR. I was right, she was not the most friendliest of women (she didn't smile the entire time) and was pretty adamant that I be back full time straight away. Instead of sitting back, I stepped up and showed my brave!

[Source]

I discussed the notes I had made and also quoted the guidelines (set by her Local Authority) which disproved what she was saying. I also stated the facts that the school had not followed set guidelines for my initial absence and therefore subsequent phase return. Needless to say, this stunned her. She was definitely surprised that I had prepared and was taken aback. So how many weeks phase was I wanting? 8. That is all. 8. I am currently at 4 full days a week so I am not exactly 'slacking off'.

The outcome of the meeting was that she agreed to support the school and me with the 8 week phase back which made me extremely happy. I left the meeting feeling happy and proud that I had stood up for myself and put my health forts - something which I have not done recently.

[Source]

It's pretty nice feeling brave and that you have stepped up to the issue instead of taking the easy way out and shrinking back. Small steps I am told but this, this was a pretty big one. Oh, and it also felt nice to win!

Have you had a 'big brave' moment lately?

_________________________________________________________________

As you can all see, I have a new blog design which I am pretty stoked about! It has been a while since I've had a change around here and I think it's pretty nice. All thanks to my BFF - DigitalDegu !

Also, more happiness, I was selected as Blogger of the Week by Female Blogger RT for my post:

FBRT

Follow Female Blogger RT on Twitter for a chance to be Blogger of the Week. All you need to do is head to Female Blogger RT to get their button for your blog and tweet them in your blog post tweets. They will then retweet your post to all their followers! Simple!
___________________________________________


Find Me
twitter/bloglovin/pinterest

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...