Friday 6 September 2013

5 Things link up - School Days Edition

I'm joining with 'Five Things' link up today - school time!

1: Making it through the week. 
After having such a difficult year or so I began to question my ability to teach. Was I good enough? Could I handle it? Those kind of negative statements. However, after my first week back in school for the new academic year (my 7th year teaching) I have realised that I am brilliant at what I do. Now I am not saying this is going to be an easy year, because it won't but I know I can do it! If I have more health problems, I deal with those and detach those negative jobs from my job abilility.

A good week but now I felt like this all day today ... [Source]



2:My patience
This year has seen me have a very demanding, physically agressive and tempremental child (towards other children and staff) join my class. I was aprehensive to say the least. But, I have put my patience to good use and given him the time and attention he craves. I made tailored beahviour charts and worked with him. The response... a child who is completely different to the one in the school the past two years. He has never had to be removed from class, works at tables with others and completed all his work. I know that it will be a long journey and I know that he will have his moments but to make it a week without any crisis moments is a great achievement for us both. Oh, and he told another teacher that I am, "Awesome." High praise indeed. 

[Source]



3: Drive and ambition
First week back and my school completed a Sports Day. If you've ever been to the UK or live here, you will know the weather is not the most reliable. So we had to cancel all our dates last academic year due to rain. So we moved it to first week back. It was certaintly something which weighed on my mind all Summer but it went great. Crazy to have it first week back but we did it and it went smoothly.

I'm in charge here... [Source]



4: New books
I love things to look neat and I definitly set high expectations of my class. One of my favourite things is to mark wok in new books. All the pages are immaculate and the covers are all clean. As the year goes by they become dog eared and well worked. Which is great because they are worked in but the pristine books... I love it!

[Source]



5: A fresh start
We all have ups and downs. It's life. My life had mostly downs the last couple of academic years. It hasn't been the easiest but this year it's a fresh start. I am looking at this as being my first year again. I am finding ways to be more productive and learning to delegate and have fun again. It may seem like a small thing but I hope this is the making of me both mentally and physically again. Goodness knows I need some stability!


[Source]

What are you pleased with this week?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...