Monday 5 August 2013

Wedding Guestbook - DIY

At the weekend is a day which I have been looking forward to for some time now - My twin sister's wedding! She has asked me to help her out with some creative aspects of the wedding. Today I will share with you the 'Time Capsule Wedding Guestbook.' The basic idea is that all the guests at the wedding leave messages, predictions, images etc for the couple and these will be sealed away until first wedding anniversary. 




To begin with I bought: 
- A mason jar 
- Photo frame 
- Lace and ribbon
- Double sided tape 

I then designed the labels and information sign (I am planning to redo some of the font from what is shown below). I then printed and trimmed them ready for the final outcome. 

Step 1
I measured the lace and ribbon for the jar and used double sided tape to attach them both.

Step 2 
I then attached the Time Capsule label to card using Pritt Stick. 

Step 3
I used strips of double sided tape(2) to attach the label to the jar. 

Step 4
I then placed the sign into the frame and voila! The guestbook is complete.

Step 5
I then created labels to stick onto the back of purple card (the colour theme). Guests will be using gold and silver pens to write on the card.

The wording can be played with and in fact, I will be making a couple of changes with font and wording before the big day. I will be sharing some of my other creations with you all soon!

Do you have any crafty ideas for weddings you would like to share?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...