Wednesday 3 April 2013

Work that body...

I am getting my spirit back and with that is the growing realisation that my body is so out of shape. I would not classify myself as a 'fitness freak' or even someone who MUST go to the gym every other day or I feel like crap. I enjoy exercising, I have fun and like to feel my body working.

I would say I have not had any consistent exercise routine for at least the past 8 months or so. Between travel, hospital runs, illness and just general lowness I have not felt like I had the energy to do day to day things let alone exercise. This week things are changing. I am gradually getting over the anaemia which has seen me suffer from such chronic fatigue and illnesses it was not great.

My first return to fitness? My pole dancing lessons! If you've never tried them before they are lots of fun. I have been pole dancing for a good few years now on and off. It can be a pretty brutal work out what with the potential for bruises and supporting of your own weight but I love it. My arms just respond so well and the stomach tones up pretty well too.





I can definitely tick all these bruises off... ouch! [Source]


I am going to try this for a couple weeks and then go back to yoga sessions too. Yoga will then hopefully bring a bit of calmness to me and my thoughts. Also, it gives a pretty good stretch. When I was doing yoga regularly my body became very lean which was great. Last but not least? I want to get back into my running, one step at a time but having aspirations is a good start!


If all else fails I will skip the yoga and just remember this.. [Source]


What's your favourite go to exercise?

5 comments:

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

i love yoga too! But running is my new thing!

Susanne said...

I prefer doing things on my own, like lifting weights, go on treadmill, go on walks etc, no spinning or the likes, I want to do things at my own pace, set my own program and so on. I love exercising when I'm my own boss :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@ Lisa - Well done on getting into running! I have tried so many times, I am determined this will be the year though!

@ Suzanne- wow.. You're so lucky to have that motivation. I have very little lol! I like to be told what to do and be pushed. I wish I could go the gym and do like you, I just lose concentration so easy. But I love the feeling of working out :-)

Rebecca said...

I have heard running is amazing ;-)

I'm glad you got your butt up and into the class finally. It will leave you in soreness but it will be great to have finally gotten started again after all this time. Of course you had to pick the most strenuous of all your fave workouts! Overachiever ;-) xx

Rebecca said...

I still have no idea how you manage to crawl up and down that pole, in a horizontal and vertical ... I'd be an epic fail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...