Monday 8 April 2013

ESPA Cellular Renewal Enzyme Facial Peel...

I am a bit of a potions and lotions junkie. I will give anything a try and through my early twenties I did - I am the first to admit I have had an ongoing love/hate relationship with my skin. It has never been bad but it has never been as perfect as I wish it could be. Many times I have wanted to not leave the house thinking my skin was just not great. It may sound ridiculous to some but it is something I have always had an insecurity about.

I have used MAC religiously since I was 16 to make my skin 'better' and by that I mean cover it. However, as I have grown older and tried many products I have realised that less is definitely more. Gone are the days of harsh scrubs and strong lotions.

I discovered Clarins about 3 years ago and was converted. If you have never tried it, I would definitely suggest it. It was a great relief to my skin after the years of harsh products and certaintly began to even the skin tone. In the past year I have discovered a new skin saviour however which I want to share with you. 




I have now become a BIG fan of these products. I have shared my thoughts about their body products in a previous post and now I am onto their skin products. They are all so natural and I have not used anything which smells as good as these do. I have also had a number of their facials which I can not recommend enough. So, when my therapist told me about their new enzyme peel I was definitely up for it.

It is no surprise to my readers that I have not been well at all lately and unfortunately my skin was starting to show it. I felt like it was dull and tired. It was definitely in need of a boost. So I booked my appointment.


The facial was 90 minutes in total and began with a steamer and cleansing with the ESPA floral products. As they are aromatic based, before starting you will smell test the different fragrances and I went for the floral - which I usually end up with.Before any further work, my skin was looked at under a special UV lamp. I was pleasantly surprised to hear my skin was actually in good condition.I had the usual dehydration around my eyes but other than that, there was some slight congestion and that was it. 

So as my therapist suspected, it was going to be all about brightening the skin tone. When this was identified there were a number of steps, including the enzyme peel itself. I was started with strength 1 (it goes to 5) as it was my first time with the possibility in the future of going higher. It tingles when it is first applied but the higher strength may sting some skin. Throughout the facial various hot and cold towels were applied and my skin was massaged based on the lymph drainage. One of the final steps was the application of an minty firming and lifting peel. This, in contrast to the warm enzyme peel was nice. Rose quartz were also used to massage the skin to promote calming. 



This was a strange sensation on the skin but lovely after the peel [Source]

I know, this sounds amazing and it was but that was not the only good thing. As my masks were drying I was given a neck, arm and scalp massage. I always carry tension in my neck so this was the icing on the cake.

It didn't come cheap, it was a promotional price of £75 but will be £90 in my spa ($140 approx) once it has been introduced.  I will be needing a set of about 6 (a month between each one) which should see my skin change for the better. The results were seen as soon as the massage was over and today it has felt so amazing. As someone who has had a lot of insecurities with my skin, this is something which I can justify. I know others may think they don't need it - I wish I didn't have to pay but as facials go, this is possibly the best I have had.


If you want to read more, check out reviews in :



Harper's Bazzar
Stylist




What's your favourite skin care product?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...