Monday 11 June 2012

Secret wants...


 
“Offer them what they secretly want and they of course immediately become panic-stricken.”

Jack Kerouac

I strive to get things I want. I am the type of person who wants things but feels like I can never quite get there which frustrates me. However, as the above quote states, sometimes we get given something and we run a mile. I myself did this exact thing very recently. Something which I'd wanted I was offered and I freaked out and ran (in the metaphorical sense). I don't know why, I can only explain that I felt panicked by it. Like, if I took it then what was I going to work towards then? What if it wasn't as good as I expected and therefore spoilt the illusion?  

I know I sound crazy... maybe I am? But I just can't get past something to allow myself to get it. Maybe there's something there or maybe it's just not the opportunity at the right time for me. Who knows, it could be something which I will look back at and think I should've gone for or when something else arrives I will realise that everything else was wrong for me. Obviously as it's a secret want I will not be sharing, afterall that may be bad luck!


Have you ever felt like you've made the wrong choice only for something better and more 'you' to come along?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Couldn't find a quote more fitting, eh? ;-)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Indeed... it works both ways doesn't it?! Just kinda felt fitting at the moment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...