Thursday 3 May 2012

Summertime Adventure plans...

I have had a lot to think about the past few months (thank you for being a crappy year so far 2012) and one of my main thoughts is what it would feel like to regret not visiting the world. Due to my job as a teacher, I am somewhat restricted to when I can go on holiday to new places. However, when I am on a break, I am very lucky to have a lot of time. In the Summer, I have 6 weeks free...I know, teachers ey?

Last summer, if you remember, I did a tour and travelled around the East coast and into Canada and I loved every minute of it. It had been the first time I'd done something like that and I also did it all by myself. It was definitely one of the best experiences I have ever encountered, not only for travel but also for my own self discovery. It is amazing what endless hours on a coach and an array of different cities can do for you. 

This year, I was planning to meet a friend from Australia (who I met last year travelling) in the States for a bit of a journey but due to work restrictions was unable to get full time off. So, she offered me to  go stay with her in Australia and use hers a base to travel round East and South coast of Australia. Yep, you heard right, Australia!! Not only Australia....no, how about a MONTH in Australia!


G'day OZ...Nice to meet you

I don't know why but I had to think about it a little bit as I love America and the thought I wouldn't see new places there in the Summer made me a bit unsure. I thought carefully about things and thought why not. I not only get to see a (hopefully) fantastic country but I get to see one of my best friends. Surely there is no downside to that?

As I am dealing with the illness of my brother and whether chemotherapy is going to have it's intended effect, I have been doing lots of searching into myself. That I will leave for another day, I will say though that it is making me so much more aware of the chances all around me which are there to be taken. You never know when you could be sitting, being forced to look back over your life and evaluate. I want to look back and maybe think certain choices were bad/good but never look back and think what if. 

I will be updating you guys soon on my plans for while I'm there, for which there's many. I also have so many thoughts on life which I will be sharing very soon.



Do you have any exciting plans for your summer?

3 comments:

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

im so jealous.. that is a place i want to go to.

AMY said...

WOW...sounds like a wonderful trip!
Experience of a lifetime! ENJOY!

Patty said...

Oh...wonderful, Missy!

Almost made it to Down Under years ago but the hubs refused...didn't want to do the travel-time. I've been annoyed at him since, for like the last 20 years!

It will be a fabulous trip and I hope you enjoy every moment!!

Keeping good thoughts for you and for everything going on in your life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...