Saturday 21 January 2012

Working hard...

My mind lately has been so career focused it's unreal. If I look back a couple of years ago I was juts plodding along, working and living. Now I don't know what has happened but I have this career addiction somewhat. I have seemingly, in the last year or so, decided that I want to go above and beyond being a 'regular teacher' and take on other responsibilities.

The turning point? I think it was heart break. The usual focus on something else to get your mind to change its focal point. So, from about last January I began to view my career very differently. I began working harder at the things I was given to do (above and beyond harder) and angling for more opportunities. Since the start of this academic year in September, I have taken on more responsibilities than I thought I ever would in my 5th year of teaching. I have this drive to succeed and be high up in what I do. 

Lately I have begun the uphill battle of working in international schools. As usual, I have been very controlled in this. I haev exacty in my mind where I want to be and that is my one focus, no other schools or offers could sway me. The idea of such a challenge is not only exciting but something which I think I would adapt to and enjoy. Being given the opportunity to teach in a different environment and work alongside other great teachers is something which I would love. Now I have to work even harder to get my CV sparkling.

It sometimes shocks me when I look at my determination for this. I often wonder if I am still trying to fill a void which I feel can be achieved by this? Or if it is a case of proving that I can do something even better than imagined? I don't know .... however I do know that I have a fighting spirit in me which is beginning to show. Who knows maybe this year I will be blogging about a big move? I just have this feeling something big will be happening and I'm excited to see what is in store...

{source}

 

Have you ever had a moment which led to a change in career work eithic or dream?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...