Tuesday 25 October 2011

Where the lines overlap...

When I started blogging I was unaware of all the friendships I would make. I have made a few very good friends who I can actually share a little bit of my 'real life me' with too. This past week I have become 'real life' friends with Rebecca who blogs over at A day in the life of a German girl.

She is a fabulous blogger and we seemed to have an instant connection in the blog world. We saw little bits of ourselves in each others posts, assured each other that 'No, you're not the only one to think that,' and lately we've began to chat in real life. Now it seems strange to use this term 'real life' because well, my blog IS real life and everything on here is true and is me. I suppose, as my titles suggest, the lines over lap somewhat. Now I see her in a blogger world and also in real time world.

In blogging we can edit and refine our words. As honest as posts are they can be censored, written in witty ways and polished. Myself and Rebecca have been able to talk and actually get each other and realise that there was a reason why we were drawn to each others blogs. We are similar, we do have the same insecurities and issues. Through talking we have bonded and I truly know that in her I have found a good friend.

I know people complain about the likes of Facebook and technology for making people more distant but in fact it's helped us to be able to form a new friendship regardless of where we actually are in the world. So it isn't all that bad now is it? 

So i just want to say that I am pleased that some of my lines have overlapped because through this I have made not just friends with Rebecca but another couple of blogger friends (Yes yes- that's you El Grande :-) and Lindsey!). 

So if you're a new blogger and you're reading this... enjoy because you are going to make some fabulous friends!

Have you made any good blog friends since entering the world of blogging?

4 comments:

Gillian said...

It's nice to meet people who really 'get' you, right? I mean, there's nothing like a good friend. Good for you!

Gillian from Baby Talk without the Babble

Anonymous said...

I have! yourself included :P I hope you are having a lovely tuesday

Unknown said...

I have made some great friends in the blog world, but haven't been fortunate enough to meet them in person - however, hopefully one day I will get that opportunity! :) I'm so glad that you have found a friend in real life and on the blog!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Gillian- You're totally right and to think they live somewhere different it's sp great that we've had the chance to get to know each other.
@Jodi- Thanks!! You too :-)
@Kristina- I haven't met any yet but I been able to chat and exchange emails which is sometimes just as good!I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get to finally meet your blogging friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...