Monday 1 August 2011

Quote of the day Monday...



It's Monday therefore it's quote day! Hope you are all liking the new feature.

Today I have gone with a quote from a favourite artist of mine  - Conor Oberst. I find a lot of inspiration and also solace in his music and lyrics. This quote is from the song Take it Easy (Love Nothing). I like these lines because they paint such a good image of how to lock away memories so they can't bother you but in the same way when you want them you can just open up the little box where the song is kept. I chose this because I felt it fit with my post last week questioning the past. On that front I have just decided to leave the past where it is, I am happy and don't want to wake anything up just for something which I don't need as I have sorted through those emotions myself.

I like to think writing is my form of song and believe me I have done a lot of writing these past few months. Some pieces which are just for me were just what I needed to organise my thoughts. I occasionally read my musings back and feel different each time.

{Image via}
Do you find writing helps you 'trap' things away?

8 comments:

Sassy said...

Found you on FLOB and I already love your blog!

Madison

Unknown said...

I, too, found you over at FTLOB! Love it! :) I'll definitely be coming back {I'm now a follower~!}, and I'm emailing you very shortly as well. I, too, have a quote of the week on Mondays!

And to answer you question, yes. I think sometime writing helps trap things away for me.

Unknown said...

Great blog! I love your quote of the day Mondays. I may have to steal/borrow that idea from you.
I may be interested in guest blogging. I love to write. My blog focuses mainly on frugal living, coupons and life in general. I love to cook so maybe I could throw up a recipe for you or blog about my boys. Just an idea.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Madison- Thank you!!
@Kristina- Thanks- glad yo also find writing helps!
@NN- Ooo a recipe post may be cool. As you can see I never post recipes because well, I can't cook haha!! A summery dessert one could be cool?

Miss Sara said...

I wouldn't use the word "trap". Writing is freeing for me.

Emily said...

Found you on mingle monday and I'm loving your blog! We are so much alike - hockey and shoes are two of my favorite things ever!

throwthestarfishback.blogspot.com

Blogs said...

i love quotes and yes writing does this woman GOOD! i may have to come up with my own to participate,....glad everyone is liking this new feature:)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Miss Sara- I get that too with certain subjects which I write about. Thanks for a differening view :-) It's good to hear how important writing is to everyone.
@Emily- Glad you found me!! We are very a like!
@Vic- Thank you!! Good to know writing is helping you too, even if its just for yourself sometimes. I would love to have you guest post a quote sometimes. Thanks for your help at FTLOB for getting my new feature out there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...