Thursday 18 August 2011

Guest Blog: I am happy when...

Today I'd like to introduce guest blogger Kristina. Enjoy her post and I hope you will stop by her blog to see the rest of her fabulous writing!!
______________________________________________________

Hello Hello! 
First off - Thank You to Missy for having me come spend the lovely day with you! 
I'm Kristina!  My little area of the blog world is A Perfect Dose of Life.
I share this little space of the Internet with my husband, our 2 dogs and 3 cats.
I'm a wife, entrepreneur, Taurus, business fanatic,  twitter lover, etsy shop owner, and a lover of life.




My blog is pretty much exactly as the little describes.  Life and all that surrounds it - life, love, business, lessons, adventures, my weekly quote of the week.
Life at my blog is pretty simple really, and it's really quite a lot of fun! :) 




Today I am going to share with you - what makes me happy :)

Who doesn't love being happy?!

When Missy suggested the topic to me, I thought it was a fabulous idea.
And I got to thinking... there are all kinds of superficial easy things that make me happy.
Like, playing ball with my dogs, a cold glass of ice tea {unsweetened of course} on a hot summer day, a lovely coffee from Starbucks (white chocolate mocha or my absolute seasonal favorite - pumpkin spice latte), having friends of family over for dinner, surprises {the good kind!}, going to business networking business meetings with other business owners, making connections & helping one another, etc.

But what are things that really make me happy, outside of those basic things?
How about having fresh cut, vibrant colored flowers, where the light beams off of them in the kitchen window.
Or,
The moment my husband walks into the door from a long day of work with the look of defeat thanks to traffic and work stress, then he sees me, and that look loosens.

So, I kept going with this thought process, and came up with a bit more, deeper things:

- The days I wake up, set an entire day of goals, that long dreaded list and really no real desire to get it all done, and a hint of doubt that I really can - then that sense of accomplishment when it's completed.

- Hot days, when the warm rain blankets my skin, without the shock of the cold, but that warm embracing rain.

- Hiking that long mountain trail to reach the top, where you can see for miles, of the endless beauty of this world.

-The evenings where I take the dogs out before bed, and the sky is clear, all the stars shining down, then I take those next moments to be still, just soak up the world, and be still.

- Autumn. My favorite season of the year, the vibrant colors of the season the oranges and yellows, the crunching of the leaves, and the need for just a light jacket.

And when it's the end of the day, and I creep over to my husband, tucking myself under his left arm, into the groove of his arm and his body, where I fit perfectly.


These are some of the things that make me happy.
What makes YOU Happy?  
I'd love to hear! :)
___________________________________________
 
Thank you Kristina
What makes me happy? When my nieces and nephews smile! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for featuring my guest post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...