Thursday 9 June 2011

Driving...

I have to start by saying that I love driving. I will quite happily take people places and drive about. Traffic jam? Not to worry, music on and a sing along. Although if I need to get somewhere on time I lose patience very quickly!! I am one of those people you see driving along, singing away to themselves. 

Over at TGN, she has been keeping an eye on the cars around her for a very strange reason which you should check out. 

I have my own list of things which amuse/annoy me while driving:

Lorries

Not lorries in the normal sense, no, I find the lorries which don't have the load part attached to them hilarious. They look like they are toy cars which have been blown up to a giant size. I always get the thought that they will just tip over.

{Via}
 How do they not tip over?

Cyclists

There is a road near me which always seems to have cyclists on. It is known to me and Miss GG as the bike road (creative or what?!). We have been known to text one and other detailing how many bikes we've seen while driving on it before. I am always excited when I clock more that 5!!

 Beep beep!!


People walking along the road

I know they're going somewhere, I just don't know where?! This is particularly strange on motorways. Why would someone walk along the motorway? It's dangerous, busy and cars drive really fast along. Why? Get a bus...please?

{Via}
 Where are you going?

Sunday Drivers

If there is a speed limit stick to it or at least get close!! People who drive at 40mph in a 60mph zone just annoy the life out of me. They can cause just as much of a problem driving slow as they can driving over the limit.

{Via}
Might as well have Gary in front of me I'd drive faster...

Bully drivers

These are the opposite to Sunday drivers. They drive fast but never seem to over take. They believe that if they just drive as close to your backside as possible that you will speed up. Me being the stubborn person that I am, I like to slow down gradually not touching the break so they get more frustrated. I turn back to 'learner driver' if I have to go round a corner and slow down really far away. Serves them right! 

{Via}
 Go faster? No way...

Lane cutters/lack of indicators

Both inspire creative road rage in me. I can not stand people cutting in my lane! How did some people pass their test? Also, indicators...we have them for a reason and therefore they should be used. Don't let me sit at a roundabout when you aren't even going to drive past me!! Grrr!! Unfortunately I take after my dad when driving and have a short fuse. But seriously, just stay out of my lane and show me where you're going to!

{Via}
It's not a racing track...


5 comments:

OKinUK said...

I absolutely love driving in this country. Don't get to do it enough.

Summer-Claire said...

I love driving too, but not in big cities because traffic jams stress me out.

And for the record, I think Gary would be a bit of a boy-racer.

Plus, isn't it illegal to walk along a motorway unless you have broken down and are walking to an emergency telephone?

Shaneiferd said...

Like you I love driving. I don't mind taking people, but I prefer to be alone...just me and the music. It's very therapeutic. But I do completely lose my mind when encountering Sunday drivers and lane cutters with no turn signals.

I also sometimes get irritated by people on motorcycles. I don't carry any prejudice against them and I certainly understand the "Share the Road" slogan some organizations plaster everywhere...but when some jerk on a crotch rocket nearly clips my bumper as he does 100 mph down the freeway (which happens all too often), I can't bring myself to feel bad if his arrogance turns him into a road pancake.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Mollie- If you're in a good area public transport is pretty good here. I couldn't manage without my car.I love it :-)

@SC- I think it may be, hence why I get even more confused haha!! Gary def would be a boy racer!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Shane- Yep, I encountered a non signal user today and spoke some not very nice words! I need to calm down haha!! Yep, I get freaked out by motorbikes. They seem to just appear!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...