Friday 10 June 2011

54+19=

Just a quick post today as I am out early for a comedy show and then into town. I am a little skeptical of the comedy show. I am a pretty sarcastic person so I sometimes find comedy a bit dull. I like it when they take the mick out of real life and observations. None of that over the top shouting stuff...yawn!!! So I am hoping it's gonna be good. 

I just wanted to share a gem from one of my students today. I was working through a Maths test with her and she is one of my lower group. The question was 54 + 19= So I told her she could solve it in her head. She begin eagerly counting and then stopped, looked at me and said:

"Miss...I'm stuck now. I don't have 19 fingers..."


I can add 8....




Happy Friday!!



4 comments:

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Awww, how cute! How do you not love that?! Have a great time out tonight!!!

Rebecca said...

Awww that's cute haha. I bet working with kids is so refreshing sometimes -- especially when they say ridiculously adorable stuff like that.

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

i love comedy clubs, only place i'll go out and drink with my hubby lol. Went on our first date (after youngest was born) and had the best date of my life. Couldn't not keep going back lol!!!

New follower via the hop!! Nice to meet you!!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Lindsey/Reb- It's one of the things which make my day!! They are cute at that age. Bless her, she looked totally confused like she had just figured out she didn't have 19 fingers!

@Eschelle- Aww that is so cute :-) It's noce that you two have a thing. Glad to see a new follower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...