Tuesday 22 March 2011

The wrong job...

This is definitely a question I have asked myself the past few months. Should I have choose teaching as a career? I know the answer will always be yes- sometimes it takes a while to get there but deep down I feel very privileged to have such an important role in so many peoples lives. I remember my teachers even now and they still inspire me.

However, it seems to be one thing after another at my place with so little thanks. Only today we had another message mid lesson asking for documents, books, planning etc in a day. When I trained I was so excited to venture into the world of teaching. It seemed like the perfect way to help shape the lives and help children. So many that I see have great home lives however just as many have not such a great time. They need support and guidance and as teachers we can give them that.

As the time goes by I feel the education system is putting so much more focus on assessment , planning etc etc that we have less time to focus on supporting the children and helping them develop as people. Today I could just feel my stress level rising and rising. By the end of the afternoon I just felt exhausted and was pleased to have some quiet when the kids went.

Since I'm on a course all day tomorrow I will not be in school which will be great. As much as I will miss the kids I feel some time away from that environment, networking with other education staff will be just what we need. 

Thought I'd share my work which I have brought home tonight...58 books to mark and planning file to keep updated. *Yawn*



Tick, tick, tick...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being a teacher can be very demanding, but also very rewarding is it not? I sometimes feel that maybe I've chosen the wrong career too, I'm a webdesigner but lately I have been feeling strongly about Translation, I love diferent cultures and languages maybe I can be both... :)
By the way just gave you and award, you can see it on my blog. Cheers ***

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Yea.. the rewarding part is what keeps me going! Otherwise it wouln't be any fun! I love the teaching but the paper work is life consuming!!

Translation would be great- very difficult but fab I bet! Thanks for the award :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...