Friday 11 March 2011

Change of plan...

Well, I made it to the end of another week without taking a day off for my knee! I fell rather proud of myself- just so you all know ;-)

Today is Fab Friends day on For The Love of Blogs and I straight away thought to how my Friday night is going to be spent. It will be with friends but for very different reasons. I'm seeing an old school friend- Miss Purple, for a catch up tonight. After that I have slightly changed my plans a bit. I had planned to come home and just you know, crash out. Don't judge me! I know it's a Friday night, Party night...whatever you want to call it but all I want to do is watch chatshow tv with chocolate and sleep. I'm 25 now...I'm getting old!?!

However, I like to help people and make them happy. Possibly why I went into teaching maybe? Anyway, since arriving back from my travels Miss Faux Fur has been going through some pretty bad times. I am trying so hard to help her and talk to her. The thing is though and I feel awful for saying this, but it's just so difficult as it brings a lot of memories back to me which I thought I'd managed to forget about pretend they aren't there. Every time we've talked I am so happy that I've made her smile and hopefully see things clearer but on the other hand I just have this great sense of blah. 

I really feel like a truly awful friend... She's going through so much and all I can think of is me?! I know she has no idea and I almost don't want her to as I'm the only one she can talk to and if she thinks it's upsetting me she will just stew away in her own thoughts. Today she text asking if I was free as she needed a chat and obviously, as you know, I changed my plans to go and see her and help her. I suppose I should be honest with her in as much as she is with me. I think that she would be upset to think I'd kept this to myself. 

I thought I'd share a quote for the day:

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." -- Bernard Meltzer.


Anyway - If you're here via the blog hop I want to share some of my favourite Blog friends for you to check out. See...I'm very helpful :-)



Hope you enjoy them as much as me!



9 comments:

Hockey Wife said...

Hey! Thanks for the shootout, I appreciate that! Happy Friday, Fab Friend! ;)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

No problem :-)

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

Just seeing this now!! Thanks so much Missy =) Happy Saturday!!!

El Grande said...

Thanks for the shout out, but I hate to tell you this, we're not blogging friends. At best we're business partners in the fashion industry, because as I last remember you like Team Edward, and NO friend of mine likes Team Edward.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Aw man!! I thought I could lull you into a false sense of security with trying the friend route. Clearly no...oh well onto the next plan!Team Edward- woo!

El Grande said...

That's it! You and I are enemies Missy!!! ;)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Oh no! I was joking...I really was :-) Come on- I bet John and Yoko would never have let a simple thing such as Twilight get in the way?!

El Grande said...

Yeah, but Yoko was evil and manipulating... oh, right. I see what you're saying.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Hmm I'm not sure I like the loaded meaning behind that comment but I'll just ignore it for the sake of fashion :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...