Friday 14 January 2011

What made me laugh the most was...

 
This was something which I was thinking about this morning while painting my face to look more awake at work! After reading a discussion about what makes you happy on 20 Something Bloggers website, it really stuck in my mind. I was able to come up with 2 things which really made me laugh  in the past month. Now I’m not talking about a little giggle, a short laugh which leaves you feeling elated...no...I’m talking about the type of laugh which flaws you, makes your mascara make a break for it down your face and leaves you unable to speak.

Smile!!!


My first was when I was playing a game of Trivial Pursuit with my sister over Christmas and I mis heard a question and came up with the most ridiculous answer which was just impossible. I started to laugh and literally went on for like 5 minutes! I was at the point of tears with laughter for something which was nothing really.

My second was when I was looking at a friend’s photo on Facebook. Two people were in the foreground in the snow and he was in the background walking up a hill with his sledge towards the camera. One person had commented how he looked like a borrower and then I was gone. Again, the crazy laughter. 

When I was at work today, I decided to get the kids to finish: “What made me laugh the most was...” and they came up with some answers only kids could:
“When my Dad started crying cause I beat him 6-0 on Fifa 11.”
“When I had something in my hand and I didn’t know.”
“These names: tricky lickey, chicken little, zirke lirke.” (How cute?! Lol!)

And my personal favourite was whispered to me as the boy thought it was too rude:
“Your eyes are so attractive; they look like wee holes in the snow.”

Hahaha! Now if you’re not familiar with some British phrases then you may not find that as funny as me. Basically, when someone is extremely drunk, people may describe them as having “eyes like piss holes in the snow”. He said his Dad had said this and he thought it was funny!

You’re probably thinking, well neither of the moments I spoke about sound that funny let alone being 'making you cry funny' but you just had to be there. This made me realise that sometimes these moments come from nowhere and are unplanned. When I thought back to both times, I realised that on both occasions I was feeling a little low and worn out. This made me wonder if these moments are sent to make you, in that moment of tiredness, sadness etc pull you back from the brink and make you smile through your tears. As the classic song says: “Smile and maybe tomorrow, you'll see the sun come shining through for you.” Nat King Cole.

So what was the last think that made you laugh so much you were crying?


 *image from http://www.morguefile.com

6 comments:

Julie said...

I love that you're still thinking about the discussion! That's what I was going for when I wrote it!!

btw I replied to it :)
http://www.20sb.net/forum/topics/happiness-1?id=826191:Topic:826327&page=2#comments

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Thanks! Happiness is a powerful thing and to be honest I think everyone lets sadness consume them as it's human nature. When was the last time you talked over and over about something funny? But I bet as soon as anything remotely sad happens its discussed at length. Maybe if it was the other way around we would be happier more? I don't know!

I saw the reply and in keeping with the theme it made me smile! A lovely comment about my blog! Thanks!

Smooches said...

This is an awesome post! I cannot actually recall the last time I laughed until I cried, so it serves as a good reminder to appreciate (and remember!!) those moments.xo

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Glad to know I've got you thinking :)

Anonymous said...

Its always the best when you end up laughing for ages. One happened to me before Christmas when I was out with hubby and he said something to one of the others and I just couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes. I just love those moments as they stick in your mind for ages and make you smile every time.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Pleased it made you remember it! Hopefully 2011 will bring many more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...