Thursday 6 January 2011

Accessorising...


I woke up yesterday morning, slowly turned my alarm off and then fell back asleep. When I awoke it was 8.20- time I should be at work. Oh no.... so I danced a merry jig as I stuffed breakfast down, made myself look presentable and ran out the house. Luckily it was planning time so it didn’t matter I was a couple of minutes late – by the way, ½ and hour to make up, eat, dress and get to work must be my new personal best. Anyway, not a great way to start the day. As I bustled around in a right fettle I promised myself, “Early night tonight to avoid this again.”

Just another 5 minutes.....


Today, well, I kept waking up every couple of hours thinking I’d slept in but was fine. Alrm went off at 7, wide awake lay for couple for minutes and then jolted awake!! Again! Luckily it was only half an hour later but seriously...I’ve had 2 week off so should not be struggling this much. Again, I ran around rather ridiculously and then.. the worst thing happened.... I looked in the mirror only to discover my eyes were being accessorised but two lovely bags! Lucky me? No!! To make matters worse, I had not Touché Éclat! Now fellow woman (and maybe some men- you have guy liner so why not Touché Éclat?), I defy you not to feel my pain. A Mulberry, Chanel or Dior... wouldn’t say no to one of those but my new bags just left me saying NOOOO!! So, I must, must, must start sleeping to get rid of them. I’m thinking 1st phase of attack is sleep, followed by my over hyped (and no doubt useless) eye brightener cream. Wish me luck!

Now this is the type of baggage I like....


However, I have been rather lucky as due to burst water pipes I didn’t have my class in school today which allowed me to potter around and get some bits and bobs done which I have been planning on doing for ages. Nice day and a lot more relaxed than usual o maybe there’s hope for my fight against my horrid eyes yet!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

It's like the worst feeling to wake up after your alarm went off and you realize you're late I've had this happen before a math final in undergrad and I RAN to my class so I didn't miss it. Stupid cold medicine made me drowsy!

Anonymous said...

I have been having problems getting up this week. I think your body gets used to staying in bed longer in the mornings so it takes a while to adjust and get used to the routine again.

El Grande said...

Maybe I don't get enough sleep or maybe it's a genetic thing (because a lot of people in my family have similar eyes) but I always have bags underneath my eyes. I actually kind of like them they make me look like I am always wearing a mask. 8)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...