Thursday 6 February 2014

When you need a pick me up...

When you're having a down day, how do you pick yourself up? My down days are becoming less but when they come I still struggle with them. I now accept them and just go along with the day but I have developed a variety of things to make me feel better and pick me up a little. 

1: TV Time
I get myself wrapped up on the sofa, with a chamomile tea and find something to watch. Since having time on my hands lately, I have watched a number of different series - Son's of Anarchy, The Walking Dead, Life Unexpected and Breaking Bad. I have loved them all, I like becoming immersed in the show and it keeps my mind focused. I picked a pretty good set of shows to watch didn't I?

Who wouldn't want to watch this man? [Source]



2: Seeing friends
Having not been up to going out as much as usual, I have a couple close friends who have been my rocks during this time. Whether it's a pizza night, day trip to feed reindeers or just being on the other side of the phone for silly texts. Being able to be honest with people is not easy for me but these people are those I can be truthfully honest with, I can be myself with and don't mind being with me when I'm having a 'down day'. They're pretty special and can pick me up. 

I am lucky to have friends to be crazy with GG style! [Source]


3: Treats
It seems a little superficial but a treat perks me up no doubt. Whether it be chocolaty treats, a new canvas or DVD set. It brightens my day, and puts a little smile on my face. Especially if it's a chocolate treat. Chocolate is the way to my heart more times than not!


I want ALL the candy! [Source]

4: Quiet time
When I am not feeling at my best, I like to turn off all sound and just lay in quiet. Sometimes I nap, but most often I just lie and take a time out. Just having quietness is nice. It let's me sort my thoughts. 

Who am I kidding? I mostly sleep...

5: Working Out
I am back to pole classes after a shoulder injury and I am enjoying it. While I'm working, I focus so much on the moves that my mind is clear. Not only do I get to tone up but I get to feel like I have achieved something when I get my new moves. The classes make me feel good about myself. 

Look at me go!



As it has been difficult to actually find the happiness lately, I have had to focus on the small things and enjoy them. 

What little things have been making you feel better lately?

____________________________________________________

Find Me
twitter/bloglovin/pinterest

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...